K&N filter

rcarpino

I just ordered a K&N filter for my bike, and was wondering how hard it is to install, and if any one can give me some pointers on how to remove the quick release clips one the fairings

husker525

If you are talking about the little plastic push pins on the sides of the inside fairing, just push the center pin with a small punch, then carefully lift and pull the whole plastic piece out. To replace the air filter is very easy, but requires removal of the gas tank.

Unlock and remove the rear passenger seat. Remove the small 10 mm head bolt holding the rider seat.

Remove the 2 Allen head bolts on the front of the tank on the frame. Remove the single Allen head bolt holding the rear of the tank to the frame. (Exposed when the rider's seat is removed)

Unclip the 2 electrical plugs on the bottom of the tank, as well as unplugging the fuel line connection. Set the tank on something soft on the ground, such as your favorite binky..

Remove the Phillips heads screws holding the airbox lid, be careful not to drop the front ones, and unhook the air vent line on the right front of the airbox lid.

Remove the lid, you will see the filter. The filter has 2 small plastic catches towards the rear of the bike and will rotate like on hinges. Just lift it out carefully.

Put everything back together, takes about 10 minutes total, including opening an adult beverage.

Sorry no pictures...

Last edited:

arkkornkid

haven't done the install, but it shouldn't be that difficult.

on the clips, push in the center button... that'll release them so you can pry them out. Then once they're out push the button back up through the top of the cap so when you go to reinstall them all you got to do is flush the button back up

mfischler

Elite Member

Lonelyrider

make sure you cover your intake manifold when you replacing the intake filter~ otherwise dirt will enter your manifold and to your cylinders

rcarpino

I wanted to thank everyone for there feedback on this, I just got done putting the k&n air filter in, it was fairly simple, one thing I did do, instead of unclipping the hose and clips from the gas tank I gently rotated it an rested it sideways on the seat. Instalation went smoothly, my first mod is done with many more to come. I test drove it and it feel like it has a little more pep. Thanks again

Last edited:

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member