Just spent a lot (to me) of money on my bike...

Lpfm1990

So in the past 2 days I've just spent now $1000 total (used like new two bros full system, fender delete, motodynamic tail light, flush mount front turns, aid block off plate and a pcv) now leads to my question. What map should I look at downloading for when I have the controller for all the mods I have. I live near sea level (about 450ft elevation) and 2nd, what is the name of those wire taps for the speed sensor thing so I can swing by autobone to get them so I don't have to cut wires. Thanks in advance

Lpfm1990

Go on Amazon and look up the motodynamic smoked tail light, below it is a package with it and turns and fender kit. That's what I bought

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Vath

Which fender eliminator and front turn signals? I'm in the market.
Motodynamic makes a good set. You can get them in Smoked or clear. The LED's come with a resistor built into the wiring so you don't have to worry about super fast flashing either.

Lpfm1990

Quick question. I got my ais plate and exhaust. No programmer yet (still waiting for it to ship..... Grrrrrr) can I put the plate on and exhaust. And run the bike for a week or so till the pcv shows up and not hurt it?

chopper71

Quick question. I got my ais plate and exhaust. No programmer yet (still waiting for it to ship..... Grrrrrr) can I put the plate on and exhaust. And run the bike for a week or so till the pcv shows up and not hurt it?
I did when I first did my modding. I had to wait a week I believe to get my PCV in and didn't notice any ill effects to the bike. Just had some backfiring which was not bad at all. Mostly on the decel was when I got some popping or backfire. I ran the bike with care though, no getting down on it. And I kept a close eye on my engine temp. Not saying you should or shouldn't. Just letting you know what I did.

Lpfm1990

long overdue update, lol, since its nearing on spring finally, got the sleds put away and bike out to the front of the garage :D but now i got more ideas (my wallet hates me, lol) just ordered new tires yesterday since at 3500 miles the stock tire is at the wear bars, but got some stuff i want to do/need to change, and want some input... so here we go...

1) black out the windscreen, i still have the stock one, and it works fine for me, should i just paint the inside black, or paint both sides? and should i scuff it up with some sandpaper prior?

2) ram mount for my iphone 6 plus

3) power supply for a charging cord for iphone since it will be used as a gps (trying to remember, isnt there a wire left from the intergated led tail light that 12volt only when key is on? or is there some other wire somewhere on a usa bike thats not used?

4) i need to do something with the plate holder.... ive basically ripped the plate off my bike 3 times from the rear tire hitting the plate after rather high speed bumps, its in the farthest back location, but im literally bending the plate half way up it....

thats it for right now, but after 3500 miles, i still like the bike, the stock seat isnt bad, after a few hours the butt gets sore, and so far ive changed the oil twice, and thats been it, got to put back in the quiet insert for the two bros otherwise it stumbled bad when its cold till its near full temp, it was fine prior so im thinking not enough back pressure?

BluePill

1) black out the windscreen, i still have the stock one, and it works fine for me, should i just paint the inside black, or paint both sides? and should i scuff it up with some sandpaper prior?

I will bet that the scratches show up from the outside. Why not just get some Limo Black window tint for the inside?

Speaking of mods, this one looks nice................

Last edited:

Lpfm1990

the painted black will be short term, till i have the funds for a new screen (i dont really want to spend $80 on a new one till later on) i just dropped about $425 on the bike between tires and a mounting (just need to wait on the tires to arrive and winter to just leave already) and the ram mount with a 12volt wire in usb plug)