just installed block offs

monstermike4343

Elite Member

FZ6R_Mike

I left that piece in when I put my plates on. I did drill a couple extra holes in the snorkel looking piece of the airbox cause it is very restriced

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

monstermike4343

Elite Member

monstermike4343

Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

I know there's different school of tough on this subject. I cut the whole bottom off from the airbox (same size has the air filter) I even bought a stock air box to compare... the open one felt better. Even ask the dyno tech about it and ask him if I should change my airbox to the stock one. All he said is "Don't touch it! Leave it like this it work just fine"

Consider that I'm far from being stock... but the whole package work good together.
Great minds think alike. :D
Should state, the air inlet, not the air box filter cavity.
Did the same to mine shortly after I got it, "resonance" is the sound the air flow makes, didn't change the air box flow just gave more surface area, now I can hear the throttle body pulling the air in, sounds like it should.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

monstermike4343

Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

Yep! You can hear the pulse and the airbox working around 4K. You're right, the volume of the airbox is the same. I just open the inlet to the size of the air filter.
Yeah, at redline rpm shifts it really sounds good. :D

monstermike4343

Elite Member

FZ6R_Mike

When I put the block off plates on I figured I would check the air filter while I had it apart. I opened it up and took the filter out and was amazed at the small area that is used! I was gonna cut it off like marthy said but didn't wanna do that in case it ran like shit so I used the biggest drill bit I had and drilled 4 holes in the bottom around the stock hole. Might cut it off now that I know it wont run like shit

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member