iphone 5

CtrlAltDl

DerekVinyard

Type in "Apple loses" in Google and see all the cases as recent as yesterday that Apple has lost to Samsung. Research Apples "Price fixing" they were found guilty of.
Anyone that has owned both phones now opens a Samsung, strange...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

danieljardim

some valuable information about smart phone batteries in general:

"Hmmm... How to help you see what I have viewed in code versus how you have perceived the functional operation of a device.

Consumer grade Lithium-Ion batteries operate in a band of power. The extreme bands are from 2.4 volts thru 4.3 volts. 3.7 volts is consider the nominal or "average" voltage supplied over the power range. And 4.2 volts is considered the "fully" charged voltage level with 2.7 volts considered "empty".

If you use the phone in a very consistent manner and you allow it to get just below 3.0 V and fully charge to 4.2V, the system has a pretty good idea where top and bottom of the usage scale is. So for the most part things are really good and you rarely if ever have to do a deep cycle discharge to retrain the operating system to predict battery capacity.

Now most people who get a new smart phone do one of two things when they first get it. They either charge it like the manufactures recommend or the use it till the phone drops below 10% or even dead then charge it. If they hit the second condition, they just did a deep cycle charge and odds are they are good to go and it works as I recommend. But if they do what the manufactures recommends the first time and then they never let the charge drop below 3.3 volts for the first few days, the operating system thinks that is the bottom and then adjusts the scale accordingly. And then you have a misreading of how much charge the battery can hold and all of the sudden the phone looks like it has terrible battery life when you go to use it extensively. This condition can occur in as few as 3 days of data collection. But if you just once let it get below 3.0 and then fully charge, odds are no issue.

The other thing to note here, you will also notice huge battery drop off if your cellular signal goes to *bleep*. Because your cellular radio suddenly has to go from 1/4 of a watt to say 3/4 of watt to get a signal. Even though your battery and the stats behind it are spot on, the usage time will drop dramatically.

So odds are you haven't hit any of the conditions that causes the operating system to incorrectly predict the batteries capacity because your usage pattern allows it to get below 3.0 volts at some point and time with a full charge in that charging cycle.

Oh btw, when you hit about 300 full cycle charges your battery life is going to be at around 85% +/- 2% of new because the chemical capacity of the battery has diminished. Which changes the charging profile and how many hours you can use the device."

Text extracted out of a iphone forum.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Detrich

I know this ages me, but I've been an Apple user since the Apple II days... have always loved the company and what it stands for- which is making products that are easy to use for creative people and artists.

I actually don't like the new crop of gen x and gen y "Apple snobs" that have sprouted up and jumped on the Apple bandwagon just b'cuz they think its cool. & hip.

Apple is a unique company with a long, distinctive history. Not all of us Apple users are arrogant bitch snobs. So please don't generalize and lump us in the same group.

MrGti

I had an Apple IIe as a kid. Wow that brings back lots of thoughts of my childhood. I thought my computer back then was the shit.

BKP

I know this ages me, but I've been an Apple user since the Apple II days... have always loved the company and what it stands for- which is making products that are easy to use for creative people and artists.

I actually don't like the new crop of gen x and gen y "Apple snobs" that have sprouted up and jumped on the Apple bandwagon just b'cuz they think its cool. & hip.

Apple is a unique company with a long, distinctive history. Not all of us Apple users are arrogant bitch snobs. So please don't generalize and lump us in the same group.
Nope. You're all arrogant bitch snobs...
j/k -- actually, you're all ignorant arrogant bitch snobs...
j/k... again... actually, I couldn't care less what anyone uses... in fact, if I get one more text after midnight, I'm switching to smoke signals...

Hellgate

We're going with 4S at work. Apple can't get us 5,000 of them fast enough. Also we save about $200 a phone.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member