Insurance Insanity

KeysRider3

Decided to change insurance companies a couple of months ago because of a premium increase (no accidents, no tickets, no claims, no kidding). Called the Good Hands people and was told I could get the same coverage for about 60% of what I had been paying. Good deal. Here's my money. Policy comes in the mail, and two weeks later I get a letter that says all my discounts are going to be removed because I haven't provided documentation. No documentation was requested, but I put together all the documents needed, and fax them to the number provided. Three weeks later I get a letter that says the discounts have been removed because I haven't provided the documentation, and my checking account will be debited for the difference in premium. So, I call, and the customer service rep tells me that all of the documentation has been entered into the account record, but that my checking account would still be debited as though I wasn't entitled to the discounts. I was told that I would have to call back the next week to see if the problem had been resolved. I said that if I had to call back to fix a problem with their record keeping it would be to cancel my policy. And I did.
Went to a company HQ'd in Wisconsin (think Dairy state), got a policy. Two weeks later I get a letter saying I needed to provide documentation for the discounts received, or my premium would increase. Faxed the documents to the number provided. Today I got a letter saying my discounts had been removed, and I was going to be billed for the difference in premium. Called the company, was told they couldn't find my documents, and was asked to fax them again, to the same number, but with a copy of the original fax's transmission report. I said "Sure, and along with it will be my instruction to cancel my policy." I'm back with my original insurer, with the same coverage, but at a lower premium. It's a good company, and apparently way more competent than at least two of their competitors. :eek:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

DakinechicK

I miss the days when you could walk into an agent, get the plans laid out in front of you, pay your bill and walk out...
Walk into an agent hmmm? That'd be interesting to see. :rolleyes:

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

fltdriver

Yeah, I always deal with the local agent. There is one agency here that handles 4-5 different carriers. So I go there and they input into all of there companies and I go with the cheapest.

BoneJj

lol, got ot love the insurance scam.....

Detrich

if all else fails, just use McGraw Insurance (aka Pacific Specialty Insurance). They're nation-wide and you can get a quote and a policy completed online in minutes. The quote you see is what you pay.

McGraw Direct

They are very price competitive as well... Hope this helps :)

fltdriver

I do Allstate for 106 a month for ten months ah the cons of being a new rider
ouch, $40 a month and I didn't even have a moto license when I got it, hell I didn't even have a permit and my regular license had me on a work permit (drive to-from work, treatment, court, PO office).

Chevyfazer

Wow theses prices I'm seeing are making me cringe...

Driving records don't really get much worse then mine, he'll I've lost my license more in one year then most people get tickets in a year!!! I stopped counting how many tickets I have gotten
after number 35 and that was a couple years ago, plus with me being 24 insurance companies are not really on my side. All that being said I only pay $160 a year for minimum coverage on my 04 fz6, and I could go up to full coverage for $320 a year

kevin8198

Elite Member

yfz6r

Try progressive. Go to their website and get a quote. Their agents have been awesome with any claims in my experience. I have state min. for less than $300/year paid in full