I just bought a Ducati 999

Superfly

I pick up a 2006 Ducati 999 at 930pm tonight...saw it this afternoon and couldnt walk away...Some people dont like the look but as soon as I saw it I fell hard for it:D.

So now I'm looking at my FZ6R and I kinda feel weird like I just cheated on my wife with a smoking hot stripper:spank:

I really still love my FZ6R and I'm not sure if I'm going to sell it. I'm going to have to give it some time and see. Cant wait to ride this 999 however:steve::steve:.

ksanbon

Congrats!

No need to feel bad about the 2nd bike. My guess is that they'll compliment each other.

Looking forward to hearing the ride report.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member
Last edited:

Superfly

I had to change my undies each time he cranked it up and twisted the throttle.. Do us all a favor.. record it!!
Oh buddy its got the Terminoni Carbonfiber exhaust installed. It looks metal under the seat but there is a carbonfiber shell on it. I dont know much about it to be honest. 996s were my bag hahaha. Says "Race only" on it. What a sound...comes with the stock exhaust as well but I cant see putting that back on.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Spunky99

I pick up a 2006 Ducati 999 at 930pm tonight...saw it this afternoon and couldnt walk away...Some people dont like the look but as soon as I saw it I fell hard for it:D.

So now I'm looking at my FZ6R and I kinda feel weird like I just cheated on my wife with a smoking hot stripper:spank:

I really still love my FZ6R and I'm not sure if I'm going to sell it. I'm going to have to give it some time and see. Cant wait to ride this 999 however:steve::steve:.
That is the best looking of all the Ducs I've ever seen. I am quite smitten too.
How do you like the 2 cyl vs 4 cyl feel?

Detrich

wow, congrats! hope to see some pix and hear ur feedback soon. :)

Superfly

My phone camera sucks but these I got last night. I'll try better ones later. Drove about 20 mins last night but just in traffic so it was pretty gingerly. The feel is very similar to a 996. Tons of power everywhere and the biggest surprise was how smooth the gearbox is and the clutch. The bite point was very easy to feel and modulate and the shifting was a none event. I hate to say it but the FZ6R's gearbox felt like driving a dump truck compaired to this. More to come from a proper ride:D

Attachments

Bigevildoer

SWEET!!!!
When are we going for a ride?
2 big V-Twin sportbikes with race exhausts - that'll turn some heads... hehehehe...

There's a 2005 999 for sale at Apex in Waterloo... I've been looking at it hard, too...

Later!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Nice bike! Can't wait to see some better pics and read an in-depth ride report. :thumbup:

M76

Congrats, definitely a hot bike. I know I'll eventually want to upgrade but I'll be sad to see my FZ6R go; it's been a great bike for me so far.

Superfly

Did 500km yesterday. Burned 3 tanks of fuel...small tank of 15L or so. Light comes on with about 4L left. To the light about 170km. I think thats about 6L/100km. Like my old honda civic used to do:D

Was pretty tired last night and this morning a bit stiff in the shoulders. Legs and back were fine all day but its definatly a bent over ride. This isnt a touring bike unless youre in excellent shape;)

Just read the manual and the Red line is 10,000 RPM. Max torque around 8000rpm. The power is very easy to use and the engine seemed to like 4000 and above. I was tooling along at 100-120km/hr and I could run it in 6th gear and it felt very smooth...Everything about the bike is very smooth...the engine has some good vibrations to it but the operation of the gearbox, clutch and brakes are very slick. The suspension hasnt really been set up for me but I like it so far. Not really that harsh at all.

Here are a few pics from the ride...Friday the 13th

Attachments

Spunky99

Did 500km yesterday. Burned 3 tanks of fuel...small tank of 15L or so. Light comes on with about 4L left. To the light about 170km. I think thats about 6L/100km. Like my old honda civic used to do:D

Was pretty tired last night and this morning a bit stiff in the shoulders. Legs and back were fine all day but its definatly a bent over ride. This isnt a touring bike unless youre in excellent shape;)

Just read the manual and the Red line is 10,000 RPM. Max torque around 8000rpm. The power is very easy to use and the engine seemed to like 4000 and above. I was tooling along at 100-120km/hr and I could run it in 6th gear and it felt very smooth...Everything about the bike is very smooth...the engine has some good vibrations to it but the operation of the gearbox, clutch and brakes are very slick. The suspension hasnt really been set up for me but I like it so far. Not really that harsh at all.

Here are a few pics from the ride...Friday the 13th

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTT

Ya Baby.