How to rid yourself of that pesky tail gate'n motorcycle¡!¡!

Brock Kickass

Car or bike, people sitting in the left (PASSING) lane drive me bonkers! Look to your right. If there is nothing there, you should be there! ...or people that get in the passing lane and creep past the car on the right, logjamming the highway for 3 or 4 minutes while they take their slow-a$$ time getting by. Get out, get by, get over. Period
Rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant...

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Deputyfarva252

In my county we have a 20 mile stretch that is posted 70 mph , I stop people all the time for doing anything less then 70 in the left lane , 1 because its illegal , 2 because its dangerous for them and the rest of us that is trying to get somewhere. Technically its illegal to use the left lane for anything but passing. As far as the tailgating thing goes , Ill break check the shit out of ANYTHING that wants to ride my ass now granted I will tap my lights a few times to try to get them to get the point but if not , then slowing down to a crawl is the next option. I dont care if its a bike , car , truck. Its pretty simple concept either pass me , or do the five to ten over the speed limit that Im doing. I love when people tailgate me in my marked patrol car and then cant believe they get pulled over.......

Brock Kickass

I'll brake-check a car being an a$$hole for sure, but whenever there's a bike around me I just figure this cat knows what (s)he's doing, leave them alone and don't do anything unpredicatable if at all possible. If they ride like a squid and sit on my bumper I just hug the right and slow down. It pisses me off, but I can't bring myself to mess with even the most useless riders. Too dangerous. I keep my eyes on the shoulder after they pass in case their riding skills have caused them to require first aid.
Farva, glad you do that. Some officers get blinded by rigid policy and forget that part of the job is helping to maintain road safety.

Last edited:

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Detrich

If I'm driving, I always make room and let motorcycles pass- no matter what.

- If they are sensible riders- then great. Thumbs up to them and they usually wave back.

- If they are riding like obnoxious fucktards- then I will leave even more extra room.

Why? No matter how big an asswipe someone is being on the road, I am not going to risk being put in a situation where I could come into vehicle contact with them. It simply is not worth it.

I have too much to lose. I love my life and all that I've worked for. Those jerks can put their own lives in danger, but not at my expense. Not if I can prevent it. Karma will catch up with them sooner or later. And, I just pray they don't hurt anyone else in their stupidity.