How to remove plastic from tank??

brendangies

Hi! First post! I just bought a crashed FZ6R. I have all the parts, it just needs paint now. How do I remove the plastic on the side of the tank?? Thank you!

W

whatever

you won't be able the decals have clear coat over them..... you would have to strip the paint and sand and repaint the bike.

i have a white bike with all the stock stickers i think the bike looks better that way gives the bike some contrast.

alot people when they see the bike they like the decals even guys on r1 and r6 which surpised me.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

brendangies

got it!

For the record... I am completely repainting the bike that's why i need them off. I have 2 tanks so tried a few things. DO NOT use brake cleaner! takes the finish off the plastic. The plastic pieces are stuck on with 2 sided tape! I used a utility knife with a long blade. If you want pics i can post them. thanks guys!

Spunky99

Try Coleman's white gas...The fuel for the old stoves. It is highly refined kerosene and removed a lot of things without hurting the paint.
I used it to get rid of the glue mess after removing the warning sticker from my tank. About 5.00 for a gallon at Big 5 or camping stores.