How often to you wax/wash/wipe down your FZ6R

NUISANCE

I have found myself since day one washing and waxing my bike, with 2 coats of wax, every oil change. I did this from the start and kept going with it because I can knock it out in about 2hrs or so.

I do a wipe down every week or even sooner and I clean the rims everytime I do the chain. Every other chain cleaning it gets a wash and the rims are done too.

Am I the only one that does it that much?

06330i

I spray mine with quick detailer any time I plan on riding. I give it a full wash and dry only when needed such as if I ride in rain, dirt, or have lots of bugs on the front end. Rims I do pretty often, because if you wait too long the buildup can be a pain in the ass to get off lol, although wd-40 works great to clean them quick (avoid getting on tires) Keep in mind when you wash the bike with water, try to dry the chain off with compressed air, otherwise plan on cleaning it and re-lubing it.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Crpngdth

Even though she is garage kept, i wipe her down with a quick detailer (Meguiars) before a ride as well as cleaning the mirrors and screen with glass cleaner. After a ride, i will again give ger a quick wipe with Plexus (if you havent used this product its just amazing, id highly suggest not using pledge, it does funky things to plastic, just my opinion and to each their own) followed by quick detailer to get the powdery smell of the Plexus away. In the summer she gets bug and tar removal as needed and regular wash every 2-3 weeks, or after said bug and tar removal, followed by a good coat of wax. Chain cleaning and adjustment as needed (Dupont degreaser and spray lube w/ teflon is amazing too) checked after every ride. I also spray lube everything that requires it when i clean my chain, keeps everything in nice working order and makes it easier to remember to do.

gado

When you say wash, do you mean like what this guy is doing?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkWXC6Fmy1w]how to wash your motorcycle - YouTube[/ame]

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

BoneJj

I should wash her more but I mainly wipe her down and use the quick detailer.

When I do the chain I clean the rims as well but they get dirty so damn quick. It was worse when I had the vulcan though, chrome wheels with spokes....

The chain cleaning is biggest part for me as that's the life blood of the bike. I do everything I can to make sure tension and lube is right. I have a good number of miles on her already so she will be getting a good wash and chain job soon. Next time I can get a weekend to spend on her in that regard I will.