How many miles did you get on your tires?

Superzoom

Tire longevity obviously varies from person to person due to brand/model, riding style, air pressure, road conditions, etc. But I would still love to hear how many miles you got out of your tires before you replaced them.

I thought this info would be interesting and useful to others.

For each tire you want to mention, please tell me:

1) Brand/model of tire (and if it's front, rear, or both).

2) Number of miles you got out of it before you replaced it.

3) Optional: Your weight, type of riding you do, your level of aggressiveness, etc.

4) Mini-review of tire (optional)

I'll start...

1) I've gone through two rear Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart tires and one front.

2) 6000 miles each rear (very disappointed in mileage), 15 000 front.

3) 150 lbs. (plus touring gear); mostly touring; NOT aggressive (I'm a very poor rider, so I pretty much ride my FZ6R like a touring bike).

4) the Roadsmarts seemed plenty sufficient for my riding style. I did push them hard while sport touring with a friend in B.C. They seemed to stick plenty well. Seem very confident in the rain. I was very disappointed that both of my rears only lasted 6000 miles each, considering the FZ6R is a light, not-too-powerful bike.

I'm planning on getting a better high mileage tire for my next tire, since I'm so slow and non-aggressive, and mostly do highway miles. I'm thinking of PR2's, but am also considering Metzler ME880's or Michelin Commander II's, although I'm not sure they would fit our bike--they are cruiser bias ply cruiser tires.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Bert-Aus

BT21 (stock setup)
9k km's front
12.5k km's rear (only changed due a splice from road debris)

Were good to begin with, but really twitchy near the end of the life.
Mostly hills riding -aggressive-ish?

Dunlop RoadsmartII (current)
Got 12.5k km's on front & 10k km's on rear
I did 4 track days, plenty of hills riding and road trips.
Was very happy with these overall

I am considering trying Michelin Pilot PowerII's next, depending on what is available when/ where I am

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: