How long have you been in the saddle?

ry-mac75

I'm not sure this has been asked yet - but how long have you been riding? I've been riding power sports since I was about 5, but only have two years of street.

So - how long you got in the saddle?

Brock Kickass

I'm a lot like you; I've had dirt bikes, snowmobiles, 4-wheelers, and the like since I was a little kid, but I've only been riding on the street for 6 months. I've managed to roll over 10,000 km in that time, though. Loving every minute of it.

JonKerr

Elite Member

motomc2

11 Years. Started with....

Harleys and crossed over to the Hayabusa 8 yrs ago. I'm on my 4th Busa, but have had a mixture of different sport bikes along the way including my FZ6R. I don't descriminate when it comes to motorcycles...I like almost all of them!

JonKerr

Elite Member

owldaddy

42 years, started out on a Honda 90S, have had a bunch of bikes over the years.

fz6rwolf

Minibike at 10, dirtbikes until 16 then Honda 175 enduro (that was in 1978) since had cruisers and an 82 silverwing, this is my first sportbike and one of the most fun bikes I've had.

motomc2

Yeah I've ridden Harley's and can appreciate a nice cruiser, bagger, chopper, etc... and if I were going on a long cross country ride I can't think of anything more comfortable than my Dad's FatBoy with ape hangers, but I don't think I would ever actually consider buying something other than a sportbike or sport touring bike. Maybe a supermoto, but that's about it.
I hear ya! I've been thinking about a MX bike. Good friend of mine rides motocross and he's my age (45). I know my body doesn't heal as fast as it used to...but I still feel like a kid :)

Accident

85 honda 70cc three wheeler when i was 5
110cc three wheeler when i was 10
Honda 200x three wheeler when i was 12 w/twist throttle
Yz-125 when i was 15
cr-250 when i was 17

went a couple years just being amazingly good looking and not riding anything
Then about a month ago i bought a fz6r

Fogride

A lot of bikes In 42 years

I wanted a motor cycle when I was in grade school. I had to wait until I finished school and gave uncle Sam a few years of my life. I got my first one in 68 and the racing bug bit me. I had a Harley Sprint set up for class C that I ran for 3 seasons, moved on to MX, scrambles, 3 Barstow to Vegas races, 3 seasons racing 250 production class on the pavement until I hit some one that went down in front of me in the corkscrew at Laguna Saca. I took some classes on speedway bikes but I couldn't cut it. You gas it to slow down and back off to go fast, if you back off too much you get traction and loop it. Took a Keith Code Class to get my AMA license when the school used 500 or 550 4 cylinder Kaw. If you could ride that you could ride anything. Got a 70s HD that was nothing but trouble. A new 85 EVO HD was great and there is still a 07 HD in my garage now. I even built a Pro Street Chopper a few years back. You get tailgated by Winnabagos in the curves on those bikes. This little yamaha is a great bike for me now,I like it just the way it is.

fz6rwolf

I wanted a motor cycle when I was in grade school. I had to wait until I finished school and gave uncle Sam a few years of my life. I got my first one in 68 and the racing bug bit me. I had a Harley Sprint set up for class C that I ran for 3 seasons, moved on to MX, scrambles, 3 Barstow to Vegas races, 3 seasons racing 250 production class on the pavement until I hit some one that went down in front of me in the corkscrew at Laguna Saca. I took some classes on speedway bikes but I couldn't cut it. You gas it to slow down and back off to go fast, if you back off too much you get traction and loop it. Took a Keith Code Class to get my AMA license when the school used 500 or 550 4 cylinder Kaw. If you could ride that you could ride anything. Got a 70s HD that was nothing but trouble. A new 85 EVO HD was great and there is still a 07 HD in my garage now. I even built a Pro Street Chopper a few years back. You get tailgated by Winnabagos in the curves on those bikes. This little yamaha is a great bike for me now,I like it just the way it is.
Nice to know others closer to my age going from cruisers to FZ6R, my fiance thinks I'm nuts and would like me to get another cruiser but I REALLY like the 6R so unless win lottery and can get another not going to happen anytime soon. Last couple bikes had shaft drive which I like over chain just because these days the less I have to do the better.

creggur

Started at age six with a mini-bike, upgraded to a Honda CR80, then CR125, then went street at 14(legal in Alabama) on a Nighthawk 450(illegal in Alabama, should have been under 250cc's). Then Katana 600, GSXR750, Kawasaki ZX-6R, then 'life' happened. Married and the toy (6R) had to go to buy the first house. Didn't have another bike for 13 years, but would lust after 'the ride' every spring when they started rolling out en-masse.

Last November, got the dream bike - Honda VFR800 Interceptor - One-up sport touring at its finest IMHO... Wife rode with a few times and decided she would rather have the front-seat view so we got her a Ninja 250 to learn on. Nine months later she upgraded to the FZ6R and here we are...

So total: 35 years in the saddle minus the 13 year hiatus = 22 actual...Man, I feel old now:)

drrobert

42 years, off and on. Previous bike use a KLR 650. FZ6R is my first true street bike, love it. Getting too old to play in the dirt.

TigerGenetics

Almost 2 months :)

J.J.

Got my motorcycle license endorsement in 1978.
I turn 50 this year.
Lots of bikes over the years. Took some time off during my 20+ military career.
Retirement brought me back into the sport.
We ride bikes and sleds now as much as we can.

JnT4Life

I'm 47 and I can't remember the first time I rode a motorcycle, but I was in single digit years. Caught the fever then and have ridden off and on ever since. Had an enduro (dual sport) through Jr High and first part of high school till I out grew it. Didn't get another bike of my own till I was 30 then it was all woods and MX until about 5 years ago, when I bought the Vstar. Sold my last MX bike 2 years ago and strickly street ever since. I sold my Harley Electra Glide to buy the FZ6R and my wifes GS500F. It was time for something different and my wife wanted her own bike to learn on. We still have the Vstar to cruise on tho. I love all motorcycles. So many types of bikes, so little time (and money)!

DragonBlu

I join the 42 year club also. Been riding the pavement since I was sixteen and loving every minute of it. I did ride the dirt and public gravel roads a couple years before that,but since that would be illegal,I won't count it. Why I've never done anything illegal that I can recall.;)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member