HID Lights?

PuRpl3_Dr4nK

For anyone with an HID light, what exactly is that? I think it's one of those lights that expensive cars typically have, right? Anyway, where can I get one for my bike, and is it an easy install? Any help would be great.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

xplodnstar

The HID kits change out the stock bulbs for High Intensity, lower wattage bulb kits. The lights are brighter by a LOT, but give off less heat. It's a relatively easy upgrade and is beneficial for those who need brighter lights at night, or just want to be more visible during the day.

Check out these lights..... (FZ6R uses H4 Hi/Lo)

I got these - Raptor Brand 35W HID Kit: DDM Tuning - HID Kits, HID Bulbs, DEPO Lighting, BMW and Porsche Performance Accessories with the Hi/Lo kit for $65.

I think cbzdel got these - DDM 35W & 55W Single Hi/Lo Bulb Motorcycle HID System: DDM Tuning - HID Kits, HID Bulbs, DEPO Lighting, BMW and Porsche Performance Accessories for $70.

Basically they are the same, except mine are meant for a car and had 2 hookups, one of which I had to clip off. Either way, they guys at DDM were nice and answered all my questions.

cbzdel

I got the DDM Tuning 6000k HID Hi/Low kit and have been VERY happy with it!! Hiding the wires was somewhat a pain but I wanted it to look factory.

xplodnstar

I got the DDM Tuning 6000k HID Hi/Low kit and have been VERY happy with it!! Hiding the wires was somewhat a pain but I wanted it to look factory.
Did I link the right ones for you?

cbzdel

Oh yeah those are the ones I got..

I am going to of put togher an HID thread at the end of the week after I get home so I am not posting from my phone. It will have all of the info we need on HIDs for our bike and like a all the HID FAQ, and Admin can make it a sticky because this seems to be coming up alot..

PuRpl3_Dr4nK

Thanks all for the info. This definitely near the top at my mods list. A sticky thread with more info (maybe a install write up by a gracious individual lol) would be awesome.

Senaca

I have the DDM kit as well: 35W hi/lo with 5000K bulb. FYI, the 5KK bulb is still quite blue... I find the low-beam is way better than stock, but the high-beam isn't as effective as you might expect. Install took me 1 hr 15 mins to do (at night time, even).

Be sure to adjust your beam many times to get it just right, as well. I probably adjusted mine about 10 or 12 times to get just the right level for my weight/suspension settings.

I have 2200 kms on the lighting system with absolutely no problems at all. I carry my stock H4 bulb with me in case the HID dies, since it only takes a few minutes to replace the stock one temporarily.

Hope this helps some. :D