HID lights in the FZ6R projector or not?

DerekVinyard

Curious to know if just an HID bulb is ok in the FZ6R? I know some headlight designs are ok, others need a projector to keep from blinding other drivers.
Anyone try just the bulb? For those with projectors what projector are you using? What bulb? Would you do anything different if could?
I understand the basics, just looking for what would be required on the FZ6R.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

motogp6r

yah you can place the hid bulb in place of the regular bulb. many have done this including myself. as for the right one for you, idn .. research wattages, visibility, and color then search on how to install that bulb on our bike. probably a thread on here how to replace bulb at the hot to section. use search button if you want recommendation on a bulb if ya , want a head start.

:thumbup: .02

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Kdubb223

I just recently installed a DDM 5000k 35W H4 Hi/Low bulb with no projector and the light seems to be fine. The bulb has a metal sleeve on it that helps keep the light from blinding other drivers. I didnt even have to adjust the bulb which was nice. Now I have a very bright clean white light during the day and at night its amazing how bright the road is. Also to clear something up... when switching to Hi Beam the light doesnt get any brighter from what I can tell it just cast the beam further out and higher up which would blind drivers more easily...

bajetzkie

i thought about retro fitting when i did mine. but it just cost too much and i didnt find it made much of a difference for me. Although it does make a difference for the opposing vehicle.

Nevertheless, unless u high beam and are going head on, i dont find it "blinding"

Went ahead with just installing it in place of the bulb. PITA to find space for the ballast though. lol.

Deathdiesel

i thought about retro fitting when i did mine. but it just cost too much and i didnt find it made much of a difference for me. Although it does make a difference for the opposing vehicle.

Nevertheless, unless u high beam and are going head on, i dont find it "blinding"

Went ahead with just installing it in place of the bulb. PITA to find space for the ballast though. lol.
Ive had HIDs in my car, and to be honest they are pretty illegal, and while they are good for you, as said above it blinds other drivers. Expect to get flashed from people saying your brights are on, or to get pulled over tbh.

When/if I do my headlights, ill be going the projector route for certain.