Hey Guys

O-turn

Partier
Don't know about you. I'm starting to get anxious to get the bike out and do some riding!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Nah...I'm not anxious to get back to riding. I have been doing it all along!! :p

As long as there hasn't been any ice on the roads, I have ridden. Today was below freezing, but with my overpants on, I'm toasty warm. :thumbup:

However, I am anxious for it to warm up so I can get my wife on the bike with me. I bought her a ton of gear that has just been sitting on the floor begging to be worn. Once it gets nicer, I hope to get her to ride with me.

flyingminno

Not really anxious, mainly because its only 60 degrees and there's no real winter for us. But hopefully you can mount up soon! :D

O-turn

Partier
I'm in snowboard mode right now :D

I need it to be above 50 and nice out to ride. Im one of those guys lol.

JonKerr

Elite Member

gearhead

It's been raining for a couple weeks here with more on they way. I had several windows of opportunity to sneak out and do some riding which was very nice. A little cold but nothing that some thermals could not handle. Get it while ya can. I need to move to SoCal for that year-round riding JonKerr keeps talking about.

pyrocpu

I'm anxious myself. Bought the Fizzer last Saturday; sliders didn't come in until mid-week, too busy to ride mid-week; snowed in Friday; snow turned to ice Saturday to today...

Sigh. Only ride has been from the dealership back to the house! :(

WenMark

That gives us more time to bond and BS on here!!:D Yeah I'll be ready soon. Waxed and cleaned her from head to toe even the chain. She is ready to go for the twisties. Come on sunny days....

Chip

Yeah I am pretty anxious, I haven't ridden it from November! I'm still gonna play it safe and wait at least until March.

As a side note, is there a guide or something on the proper way to clean a bike (wash, wax, clay, etc.)? I don't want to just wax/clay everywhere and mess something up!

btastarsky

I'm anxious too. Havent ridden since I high sided on 10/10/09. I need to find a day coming up when I can pull the fairings, clean everything up, straighten everything up, and put it back together. Hoping I get the new job I'm slotted for too, that way i can afford the arrow exhaust system to put on while i have the fairings pulled. Need to pick up a new helmet and gloves too. Anyone planning any rides through western pa this year?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

fz6rwolf

Last Saturday saw a guy on a HD,might have been a Dyna but not sure, riding in jeans, gloves, heavy jacket and helmet and it was about 23 degrees. Way too cold for me but I thought about it!

bmw675

me too, unfortunately i got a little too anxious last night.
34 degrees with a mesh jacket on (windbreaker liner), it was not fun. if im going to ride in temps like that, i need to get some more gear. i parked back in the little hole i made for it in december. kind of like the groundhog, came out and going back in hiding for a while. :(

I need it to be above 50 and nice out to ride. Im one of those guys lol.

O-turn

Partier
Wow, hope you werent hurt in your crash! I was driving home through PA this past weekend and found some roads I will def be heading back to come warmer weather! If I make it out west maybe we can set a ride up!

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Azeo6R

Installed grip heaters back in the fall and I just recently had to get a heavy duty balaclava because the freeway was kill on the bare neck...actually rode through a small snow flurry one night, that was nerve racking!