Hello from Destin Florida..

oldtouring b

A few thoughts on the FZ6R and a little background:

1. What a great value! I just sold a BMW F800ST because I got tried of it being at the dealer more than in my garage!! I wanted a lightweight sport touring bike that would be very dependable. I don't do well with breakdowns.

2. I bought the bike used with 13K on it from a very anal owner. The bike is in near perfect condition and has been well cared for. It is the first black bike I have had for many years. A little high viz vest and some stickers on the helmet and the cagers should be able to see me.

3. So far the items added are a black license plate frame, bar risers and grip puppies. I am looking forward to a new luggage rack being built by Marthy as we speak. Soon I will send the seat off to Spencer for a redo. He does good work.. Oh I forgot the RKA tail bag that is installed. The platform fit perfect on the passengers seat.

4. I may be the only board member that likes the stock mirrors. You can actually see beside and behind!! The low seat height is great for us 5'7" folks. So nice to be able to flat foot and not do the one legged dance!

5. I am a old fart that is retired. I ride about 10K miles a year. Did Colorado last year. Awesome. Will start planning this year as soon as this damn heat goes away.

6. Thanks for having a great website and keep the rubber side down. Later Bob

JSP

Super Moderator
:welcome:

Glad to have you here! :thumbup:

Sparkxx1

I second the liking of mirrors, yes it makes the fz6r look like it might and should be munching on a carrot, but I can see very well with them. :D

Osoreru

I've got some buddies who live down in Destin. I just got myself a new FZ6R and plan on riding it down there sometime in the next few months. There's some amazing places to ride around there, gorgeous scenery.

cavcuz05

Welcome from Jacksonville

yellowFZ6r

Welcome from the SUN, a.k.a. Dallas, Texas! Its been a stifling summer and almost too hot to ride, but it hasnt stopped me. Enjoy your new life that is your 6R!

AngryAnt

Welcome from MS! Its nice to see somebody a little older that's not driving a 1300cc+ Hog or a Gold Wing :)

DragonBlu

Sounded like you were decribing me for a while there Bob. Sounds like we are pretty much at the same point in life. Welcome from Oregon and have fun! :welcome: