Hearing Protection, what do you use?

Deathdiesel

Hey guys, im sure most of you wear ear plugs when riding, as I try to do, im gunna order some new ones to go with my new helmet, so im wondering what you guys use.

I was using a set of earbuds from MEElectronics with comply foam tips, works well, and I could tell if someone was calling me by hooking it up to my phone.

New helmet is tight, im gunna try to work on that, but I know I need plugs anyways, tried custom fit from an audiologist, and every time I put the helmet on it broke the seal. Tried 3 attempts and got tired of fighting it.

So what plugs do you guys use? Im considering these.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Hearos-Xtreme-Protection-14-Pair-Foam/dp/B001EPQ86A/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top"]Amazon.com: Hearos Xtreme Protection, 14-Pair Foam (Pack of 3): Musical Instruments[/ame]

dcBear78

Old 3m classics that are used at work. And if they are good enough for my work they are more than good enough for riding a bike.

Most people do not know how to fit these plugs properly. You need to squeeze them right down and insert them all the way into the ear. There should be nothing protruding out of your ear hole. A good technique is to squeeze them, reach over your head with your other arm and pull the top of your ear up and insert with other hand. This opens up your ear to make it easier to insert.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Deathdiesel

^^ Must have missed it somewhere, I did a search and only got one thread to pop up, which showed the correct way to put them in, but no real reccomendations on whom uses what.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

dcBear78

Used this post to FINALLY figure out how to put these in without them popping out or loosining up over a ride...THANKS!
Your welcome. Most people are scared to put them in far enough. If they happen to go in too far to get out with your fingers, nothing something pointy doesn't fix. I always have a pen on me at work to use to pinch them out (tweezers if you are at home). And remember these particular ones are disposable. Doesn't mean you can't use them again, just they don't expand out properly after a couple uses and don't do the job they are supposed to.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

raybob

Hearos. You can buy them all over the place - Walgreens, Amazon, Cabela's, Wal-Mart.

Figured out you don't HAVE to throw them away (although I guess the manufacturer prefer you do). They come nice and clean when run through the laundry - stuck them in my wife's hosiery bag.

Bob

daddyrack

Premium Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member