Headlight Upgrade

MikeN02

Well I'm gonna pull the trigger and order a kit, now do I want the 5000k or the 6000k bulb...I don't intend to ride in bad weather or night time, but I'd rather be prepared and cbzdel said the 6000k wasn't so great in bad weather...decisions, decisions!
The 6,000 is good, I have it and kind of wish there was a tad bit more blue but then I'd be trading it for light.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

bikerMommy

Hrm slight blue tint coming from my yellow bike...I might be able to deal with that. If not I know the 5000k is more white...damn aesthetics!
I have the 6000k and it's only a hint of blue. And I can't really see the hint of blue unless I'm looking at it at an angle. But they make one heck of a difference when driving at night

Attachments

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Spunky99

I just pulled the trigger on the 35 watt 6000K dual beam kit.

Thanks for the link Diluted.

Spunky99

It is installed and the vertical adjusted. I just drove behind a Sheriff and he didn't complain...LOL
I have the low beam up as high as I can without making the high beam go skyward. I want light out in front of me at speed so I have time to react.

I love how it does not come on until the bike is started and if you have to restart, it turns off while the starter is running. Slick system from DDM Tuning.;)

JonKerr

Elite Member

pyrocpu

I went w/ a 5000K kit and kinda wished I'd gone for the 4300K instead!

Looking more for an "OEM" look rather than a ricey one... too bad replacement bulbs cost damn near as much as the entire kit from DDM!

MikeN02

I went w/ a 5000K kit and kinda wished I'd gone for the 4300K instead!

Looking more for an "OEM" look rather than a ricey one... too bad replacement bulbs cost damn near as much as the entire kit from DDM!
The bulb is mainly the only thing you're paying for with HID lights.

My sister wants a brighter light than stock on her 250 and I suggested 5k since I have a 6k... Maybe I should consider a 4k now.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

wby0001

My hid kit came with high/low only one ballast.

If you are looking for 6k , I'm getting rid of mine soon.
Hey applejax, are you still looking to get rid of it? I've been reading up on all the HID stuff and I'd like to get one of these kits.