headlight mod

leovito

Hey all

Put a 8k blue kit in the bike for the new headlight. was wondering if anyone knew if they made a smoking headlight housing like they do the tail light.

Last edited:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Even without projector, you can do like posted... Open up the case and paint the inside black. Think that looks real good. ;)

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Good point....

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Duke

Check out the 4th gen camaros with the "whistler" mod. This is where they take the headlight apart and paint the non projected portions. Looks amazing.

leovito

I went out and got a can of the night shades can someone give me a run down of how to take the headlight housing out so i dont have to spend an hour trying to figure it out.

leovito

Thanks for the thread. But I thought that was a bit much work just to put a few coats of paint up. I just rigged the panel with lots of tape and plastice bags then went to work. heres some photos.

put plastic and tape up and started the sanding proccess

after sanding and putting 2 super light coats of VHT nightshades and 3 coats of gloss

close up of the job the shine is from my camera flash not the bulb

still all the light goes through with the 8k blue bikemaster hid kit

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

applejax

I have to admit, I was a little worried how it would turn out, but that looks pretty cool. Wouldn't be a look that I would want personally, but definitely gives a different look. Great job, very different.
+1
I wouldn't want to do anything to restrict light output at all.