Hate putting gas on the bike.

danieljardim

Well, yesterday afternoon, I went to the gas station to fill up the tank to put the bike away for winter. Well the gas stations staff around here don't like to put gas in the bike. (hence is illegal in jersey to customer to pump own gas). So guy gives me the nozzle, I pulled back the rubber thing and stick in the tank, but i got distracted and nozzle came up a little bit and when i pressed the trigger, Gas splashed all over my face and bike.

Rode back home smelling gas and eyes tearing up.

Hate putting gas on the bike. :mad:

Y

yellowfz

That sucks, at least with this "corn"(ethanol) gas it is not as toxic as it use to be. :)
Odd law though, is there a gas pumpers union there? Any special training for gas pumping required by state to work in that field?

danieljardim

That sucks, at least with this "corn"(ethanol) gas it is not as toxic as it use to be. :)
Odd law though, is there a gas pumpers union there? Any special training for gas pumping required by state to work in that field?
No clue on that. I don't think they get any special training.

Sage

I would absolutely hate someone pumping gas for me for any vehicle...

latony007

I would NEVER let some clown making 8$ an hour fill up my bike. too easy to scratch my beautiful tank or just drop gas all over it. That is crazy you cant pump your own gas, that the same in surrounding states?

ylwf3vr

Well, yesterday afternoon, I went to the gas station to fill up the tank to put the bike away for winter. Well the gas stations staff around here don't like to put gas in the bike. (hence is illegal in jersey to customer to pump own gas). So guy gives me the nozzle, I pulled back the rubber thing and stick in the tank, but i got distracted and nozzle came up a little bit and when i pressed the trigger, Gas splashed all over my face and bike.

Rode back home smelling gas and eyes tearing up.

Hate putting gas on the bike. :mad:
ouch! I don't miss that rubber thing one bit.. so much easier without it on the bike..

JSP

Super Moderator
We don't pump our own gas in Oregon either... But if you are on a motorcycle, they let you pump it yourself. I'm ok with them filling the cage, but I wouldnt let them fill the bike. So luckily they let us at least do that. I never just stick it in the tank and lock the lever. I get off the bike and feather it until its full. No way I trust any auto shut off stuff.

So far (at least in my area) we do not have those stupid weird pumps. When me and Tatty rode down to CA, I had no clue why I couldn't get the damn pump to work. He showed me to hold the rubber thing back. :rolleyes:

Sage

I have no clue what you guys are talking about with the rubber thing lol

bmw675

Missouri has it, illinois doesn't. You should know that.

;)

danieljardim

The problem that the rubber spring is hard. is not that easy to pull it back.

I'm done, unless is absolute necessary, I'm buying 4 gallons on a container and pumping into the bike at home with a battery operated fluid transfer pump. No mess.

latony007

The problem that the rubber spring is hard. is not that easy to pull it back.

I'm done, unless is absolute necessary, I'm buying 4 gallons on a container and pumping into the bike at home with a battery operated fluid transfer pump. No mess.
lol, I have a couple gas cans at home I used to just pour them in to fill up the bike, especially for my cruiser with no fricken gas gauge so I would always make sure to top off from the cans before I let. However I realized what a pain in the *** it is to keep the cans filled up and that you can't take your bike to fill up the cans, how you going to carry them back. then I would up taking my car and it was more hassle than it was worth. Maybe if you buy a big 10 gallon one and a pump it would be worth it.

latony007

well in order to keep a girl from getting pregnant they invented these... oh wait THOSE rubber things lol. They are not a problem for your car you just push and the ring collapse and works fine. Filling this bike I can actually just push it in too, if your filling like a gas can though you have to pull back on the rubber rings to get gas to flow. Some kind of safety feature but im not surprised its only required in CA. We are good at that.

danieljardim

lol, I have a couple gas cans at home I used to just pour them in to fill up the bike, especially for my cruiser with no fricken gas gauge so I would always make sure to top off from the cans before I let. However I realized what a pain in the *** it is to keep the cans filled up and that you can't take your bike to fill up the cans, how you going to carry them back. then I would up taking my car and it was more hassle than it was worth. Maybe if you buy a big 10 gallon one and a pump it would be worth it.
Just got this.

Liquid Gas Transfer Siphon Pump Battery Operated Powered Gasoline Oil Water | eBay

The gas station that I use is a couple blocks from home. I don't mind going to gas with my car and bring back to the house. Better than get blind by gas spilling into my eyes every time I gas up my bike :eek:

danieljardim

well in order to keep a girl from getting pregnant they invented these... oh wait THOSE rubber things lol. They are not a problem for your car you just push and the ring collapse and works fine. Filling this bike I can actually just push it in too, if your filling like a gas can though you have to pull back on the rubber rings to get gas to flow. Some kind of safety feature but im not surprised its only required in CA. We are good at that.
My tank, the nozzle don't go all the way in. So I have to manually pull the rubber.

latony007

Just got this.

Liquid Gas Transfer Siphon Pump Battery Operated Powered Gasoline Oil Water | eBay

The gas station that I use is a couple blocks from home. I don't mind going to gas with my car and bring back to the house. Better than get blind by gas spilling into my eyes every time I gas up my bike :eek:
Does it work?
lol, be more carefull with the pump should help that.

My tank, the nozzle don't go all the way in. So I have to manually pull the rubber.
hmm that's odd, mine works fine. I still like to pull the rubber up and get that extra .001 gallons in there though :)