Hand signals, and lingo

Fulkon

I'm fairly new to riding. What kind of hand signals do you use when with other bikers? And lingo, such as "squid" let me know.

Just a noob wantin some info.

CrazyCawi

The Wave Thread

Rider etiquette thread

Squid (Squiddy) - Acronym, SQUirrely kID. 1. In reference to younger riders with little respect to posted speed limit laws, self safety or safety of others. 2. Inexperienced newcomer, someone trying to ride beyond his skill level with arms flailing (like a squid) to try not to fall. 3. Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Imminently Dead. (Yes it spells SQUID) 4 Sportbike riders who wear tennis shoes or flip flops, shorts, T-shirts, etc. on their nice shiny new sport bikes or anyone with a "BUSA". 5 Anyone that rides without all proper gear , rides recklessly, or rides beyond their limits. 6. Someone who rides a sportbike on the street as if he or she were on a racetrack.

Fulkon

Ha thanks, I knew what squid meant but haven't seen it put that way. Alot of my searches came up with nothing. Are there other hand signals like tapping the helmet means upcoming cops?

JSP

Super Moderator
:D NSFW...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zKQv2dc-cM"]YouTube - ‪Motorcycle hand signals.‬‏[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHvLhoo0D88"]YouTube - ‪Motorcycle Hand Signals‬‏[/ame]

Last edited:

CrazyCawi

Lol thanks JSP I didnt get a chance to hop onto utube for those yet haha

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

Ive never seen that done dart, Ill mention it next time I go on a run :)

CrazyCawi

There are lots of versions, and yours is correct as well :)

Fulkon

Ha awesome, thanks.

ChUcK

WTF do you call an old guy who just rides, got bored with cruisers and standards so went out and bought a sport bike?
>>>>>:squid:<<<<<

:rof:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
WTF do you call an old guy who just rides, got bored with cruisers and standards so went out and bought a sport bike?
Sufferer of a mid-life crisis..... :don'tknow:

short_guy

Can't let this one go by without chiming in :justkidding:

Attachments

See red

Not quite a mid-life.... lol... but my wife says I am practicing for mine when I am ready lmao!!!! I have a 385hp awd family car.... the bike is actually not as quick.... I will go with squid I guess, but I don't really go fast, and don't get anymore than required lean angles, eh.... I suck. lmao!

:surrender:

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member