Givi PL360 sidecase racks

bobski

Does anyone know if the Givi PL360 sidease racks will fit the FZ6R? They are listed for FZ6 (07 - ) fitment, so the question would be . . are the mounting points for fitting these racks the same for both the FZ6 and FZ6R?

bobski

Ok, it appears to be confirmed from a couple of sources now that only the Givi PLXR364 sideracks (that accomodate only the PLX style cases, i.e. V35) or the SW Moteck EVO sideracks (that accomodate standard Monokey cases and many different brands of cases with the use of adaptors) are the only sidecases that fit the FZ6R. Both options are approx. $300 just for the racks, and any required adaptor plates of mounting adaptors are additional. At this time there appears to be no less expensive option for hard luggage mounting racks unless you fabricate something yourself.

Y

yellowfz

Ok, it appears to be confirmed from a couple of sources now that only the Givi PLXR364 sideracks (that accomodate only the PLX style cases, i.e. V35) or the SW Moteck EVO sideracks (that accomodate standard Monokey cases and many different brands of cases with the use of adaptors) are the only sidecases that fit the FZ6R. Both options are approx. $300 just for the racks, and any required adaptor plates of mounting adaptors are additional. At this time there appears to be no less expensive option for hard luggage mounting racks unless you fabricate something yourself.
I for one can say that that is the reason for the DIY build.
If you would like to work with me and come up with a solution I would be happy to lend a hand.
I don't know if you saw my versions of racks for the FZ6R, but it is a good platform to work off of I believe, it is nothing to omit the rack and do side case only style.

bobski

I for one can say that that is the reason for the DIY build.
If you would like to work with me and come up with a solution I would be happy to lend a hand.
I don't know if you saw my versions of racks for the FZ6R, but it is a good platform to work off of I believe, it is nothing to omit the rack and do side case only style.
Cool, I'd be happy to work with you to come up with a solution Gil. I didn't see your verions of racks, can you send me a link? I'm wondering if simply purchasing the PL360 racks (which would be complete with the standard Monokey case mounting system) and having the bike attachment points re-fabricated (cut, modified, re-welded to fit the FZ6R) might be the simplest and most complete solution? i.e. just create a custom fit version for the FZ6R since Givi has failed to do so. We'd then have a rack that would accomodate any of the standard Monokey cases . . and not only the very expensive V35 PLX cases.

Y

yellowfz

Cool, I'd be happy to work with you to come up with a solution Gil. I didn't see your verions of racks, can you send me a link? I'm wondering if simply purchasing the PL360 racks (which would be complete with the standard Monokey case mounting system) and having the bike attachment points re-fabricated (cut, modified, re-welded to fit the FZ6R) might be the simplest and most complete solution? i.e. just create a custom fit version for the FZ6R since Givi has failed to do so. We'd then have a rack that would accomodate any of the standard Monokey cases . . and not only the very expensive V35 PLX cases.
PM sent with link.

bobski

To anyone who is using or has access to some standard Monokey sidecases like the E21 cases (i.e. not the PLX style), could you please post clear well lighted photos of the mounting points on the cases and of the mounting points on the racks, and include dimensions between the points. Thanks a bunch.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

Y

yellowfz

There you go bobski, Martin has it all worked out and ready to go. :thumbup: