Garage Door opener mod II

NoDoze

Thank you so much for documenting this mod! I think this will be the next mod I do - it will be convenient to not have a remote in my pocket and not have to fumble around trying to activate the garage door opener. :D

SideTracked

what if you don't have a garage :confused: i keep mine in the shed, but how can i make a shed door opener??????? :confused::confused::confused:

wehope

Under the seat

The remotes for my garage door openers are small, so I put them on the bottom of the seat towards the front of the seat (with velcro).

My seat is in the High position, so I can slip my fingers under the edge.

Photo is on a gel seat, which has the same form factor as the stock seat.

Attachments

amg14

it would be cool if i could velcro it to under the seat, however im 6'2 so i wont be raising the seat ever. i have mine "velcroed" to the left of my instrument cluster. works well, easy to take on and off since i have to switch between my car and my bike... i only have one opener :(

Sage

it would be cool if i could velcro it to under the seat, however im 6'2 so i wont be raising the seat ever. i have mine "velcroed" to the left of my instrument cluster. works well, easy to take on and off since i have to switch between my car and my bike... i only have one opener :(
you didn't raise yours? Im maybe 5'10"-ish and I raised the seat and it feels better to me. Idk to each his own i guess :)

cobymedic

If you can find a remote that runs off of the small 12volt battery, you can easly wire it to the battery of the bike. You never have to worry about the battery again. I did this on my atv and planning it for the bike, just waiting for some momentary switches I ordered from Ebay.