FZ6R vs R6

MNDZA

I also sat on the R6 recently and was disappointed. I can't even put both feet down since it's so high for me. Oh well, that takes the R6 off my list of future bikes. Maybe an FZ1........:)

T

Tremulant

Dude! Enjoy the bike you have before you even think about your next one! Are you having regrets already? Are you bummed that you haven't been able to pull up a wheelie? :D Just ride...seriously. I've had my fz6 for two years and I feel like I still haven't utilized even a fraction of it's potential. Love the bike you have and it will love you right back...unlike a lot of women :rolleyes:

L

LERecords

Wow, I love all the R6 hating going on here. LOL. But honestly, I know where you guys are coming from. I'm thinking about "upgrading" from the R6 to the FZ6 because I realized it's not right for my type of riding. If you're the type of person who loves to go fast, esp. through the twisties, then the R6 is for you. I found out I'm not really that type of guy. I ride it mostly for commuting and some small casual rides on the weekends. I love the looks of the R6 (I'll admit that's why I got it) but day to day functionality is limited. As for aches and pains, you don't have to tell me. But the younger guys on the R6 forums ride all the time with no complaints. They say the newest style are even more drastic, that's why Yamaha still says the older style as the R6S.

If any of you locals would be interested in trying out an R6, I'd be interested in trying out an FZ6. Feel free to PM me.

where in ct are you located.. i might be able to let you take mine out for a spin... let me know...

L

LERecords

Dude! Enjoy the bike you have before you even think about your next one! Are you having regrets already? Are you bummed that you haven't been able to pull up a wheelie? :D Just ride...seriously. I've had my fz6 for two years and I feel like I still haven't utilized even a fraction of it's potential. Love the bike you have and it will love you right back...unlike a lot of women :rolleyes:

right.. i have had mine since oct of 05 and still am learning new things about it.. absolutly love it...

B

bryan217

where in ct are you located.. i might be able to let you take mine out for a spin... let me know...
I'm in Fairfield. Definitely interested in taking you up on your offer. I'm actually off all next week. If you're available, let me know.

Are you on BoRn by any chance and going to Reeds Ride this Sunday?

MNDZA

Ok I sat on it again.....without tight ass jeans and flat dressy shoes.... And I actually can put both feet down. So this is my bike, but maybe next year. I'm having too mich fun on my FZ6R!

After I master my FZ6R I'm going with the Honda CBR 600RR W/ABS

MNDZA

Ok I sat on it AGAIN and I will definitely NOT be getting it or any ss 600. My legs are so damn uncomfortable on it.

cbzdel

Maybe I am doing it wrong becasue I am used to being upright, but I was testing out an R6 and I just couldnt get comfortable no matter what!!

fz6rwolf

I just can't see being comfortable enough on any ss to ride longer than a couple hours so I'll stick with upright bikes as I usually ride for at least 3 or 4 hours when I'm out for fun and not commuting to work.

F

flashgordon

IMO you can do most the same things on a FZ6 that you and on an R6 the difference for me is comfort. :Flash:

S

Spen

I loved my R6! Great bike, but I'm young and fit and don't have a plastic hip so the position didn't bother me really lol :p

I'll be having another sportsbike next November I think, won't be an R6 though, most likely a Daytona 675.

Sorry going off topic there, R6's are great bikes, as long as you can tolerate the aggresive riding position it's no hassle.

C

CZAR357

I loved my R6! Great bike, but I'm young and fit and don't have a plastic hip so the position didn't bother me really lol :p

I'll be having another sportsbike next November I think, won't be an R6 though, most likely a Daytona 675.

Sorry going off topic there, R6's are great bikes, as long as you can tolerate the aggresive riding position it's no hassle.
I am young and fit and don't have a plastic hip either but I can't see buying one unless I were going to be taking it to the track a lot. I love the R6 looks and have sat on my friends and it isn't bad to sit on for 30 seconds but I couldn't picture taking any trips over an hour on it. Maybe I have to try it out but for now i'll take the FZ6 all the way!:Flip:

MNDZA

B

bigdog9191999

the speed triple is bad ass.. i rode one a few times while i was getting my tiger.. the 1050 triple is sooooo nice..

but the speed triple is a little more agressive than the fz is in postition and a lot more in tq.