Fz6r suspension mods

13FZ6R

(Pictures to Come)

*ROARING TOYZ 1.75" LOWERING LINK
Price= $99.99
Heres on of the more major mods to do to your FZ6R. Like me, many of you may stuggle slightly to get flat-footed enough to have dominance over your bike. Although our seat hieghts have 2 positions, the lower of the two is the stock default.
Roaring Toyz has released this mod that drops our bikes by about 1.75", however this mod also requires additional mods to work. See (ROARING TOYZ LOWERED KICKSTAND (BODY MODS) ) and (FRONT TRIPLE TREE LOWERING).

*FRONT TRIPLE TREE LOWERING
Price= Free
This mod immediately follows a Roaring Toyz Lowering Link. With the rear of the bike set down further, you need to adjust the front end to match. Lowering the front is as simple as 4 bolts, 2 on the upper triple tree and 2 on the lower triple tree, and adjusting the bike from there. Id recommend close to about 1.25" lowering, however no less than .75" and no more than 1.75".

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mxw1090

You recommend lowering the front less than the lowering link. I've been reading on the site that a lot of riders lower the front 1.5"-2" without the rear lowering link for more aggressive turning. My question is would it be good to lower the front more than 2" if you have the Roaring Toyz lowering link? Has anyone tried it and are there any issues if you were to go to 2.5" in the front.

Right now I have a 2014 FZ6R with the Roaring Toyz lowering link and the front lowered 2". I had to move the horn because it was hitting the fender on large bumps. I can get both tip toes on the ground at a stop, but usually have to get off the bike to back it into a parking spot. I think another 1/2 inch would be a big help. the parking lot at my work has a lot of speed bumps you cannot go around. So far ground clearance has not been an issue.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

13FZ6R

Yeah im gonna update it now. I misspoke. You want about 1 1/4 if you have just a link, and if you use clip ons do about 1.7.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member