Fz6r Rear View Camera + Other fun stuff!!

yillbs

Hello fellow fz6r owners.

I saw a mod on an r6 at a local meet i wen't to, and decided i needed to do it myself. It was an always on rear view camera system. Which, looked hella cool. I'm not to good at doing write ups, but I have lots of pics to share! Any questions, feel free to ask.

I started with painting my windshield black, I did it with plastidip, it took quite a bit of coats, but I've plastidiped most of my truck, so Im at least familiar with it. It ended up coming out REAL nice. Pics below.

While I had the windscreen off, I started looking for places to put the screen for the rear view camera. It's semi big, and we don't have much room above our guages, and below or windscreen. So, as you will see in some of the pics, I tried to see what it would look like with it above the guages, although nice, once i got the windscreen back on, it didn't fit. so , I ended up mounting it below the guages, which really, looks fine as well.

The 12 volt adapter i just attached to my handlebars, and hid the wires. I could have done a straight mount job into the little fron / side fairing, but I didn't, that thing is hella useful, expecially if you have an iphone and need the usb charger.

I wired in a switch, it's currently dandling ( as you can see ), but tomorrrow some time in the morning, i'll be putting that flush with the side / top fairing, next to the guages. I've got a radar detector system i've been rewiring to some LEDS that im working on putting flush with the fairing too, it'll flash blue, regardless of what warning it's being given, and it's bright enough to catch your attention. It's going to be installed tomorrow as well.

Anyhoo, pic time!!

Attachments

LS6TT

I can dig that. Saw a Ducati at a show that was running a screen with three cameras always on.

Where in Texas are you?

yillbs

Darn too far, I'm up in Dallas, wanted to take a look at yours.

Any issues going lock to lock?
My office is in dallas, so i'm their about 2 weeks out of every month, However, not on the bike :p

and no, no issues going from lock to lock. The dashboard area is starting to get a bit busy though. Lots of extra wires going into the tripple that normally wouldn't be their. when i lock completley to the right, the 12v adapter wire streches it just a bit, causing it to pull the unit a tiny amount, but i can fix that by wiring it properly into the frame with zip ties

I think it would be awesome to mod one of the mirrors to actually have the display for the rear view camera in it. If I had the time and patience, I'd consider doing that, but any spare time I'd rather be riding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk