FZ6R Exhaust muffler

alexmarin99

Hello all,

I've just bought an R6 03-05 header ($65 US) and I was wondering which muffler can fit on it. I would like an TBR M2 Vale carbon fiber and the cheapest one I found was $370 US for the 06-08 R6. Will it fit on the headers? What should I check when choosing mufflers?

Thanks!

davet7469

2009 2012 Kawasaki Ninja ZX 6R M4 Exhaust Black GP Slip on KA6922 GP | eBay

this was the angle my exhaust was when i got it and i ended up having to extend it with an adapter just a bit to get it to fit, depending on what exhaust you got ( i got a two brothers exhaust) i was able to loosen the end of the exhaust that connects to the pipe that connects two the headers and manipulate it to the angle i needed, and if yours is different, you could always cut it if its too long, but basically when i was looking for mine i was just looking for a good angle that would work with the exhaust, i was going to get the two brothers r6 exhaust, but it was another 100$ i didnt want to spend, im sure it would work and if it doesnt you could always send it back if they allow it.

alexmarin99

Found one

So I just bought a used two brothers exhaust (Originally for CB1100) for $127 US. In total, it cost me $192 US for the header and exhaust. Next step is to figure out how to install it. Do you think it's better to install it under the motorcycle or on the side?

davet7469

So I just bought a used two brothers exhaust (Originally for CB1100) for $127 US. In total, it cost me $192 US for the header and exhaust. Next step is to figure out how to install it. Do you think it's better to install it under the motorcycle or on the side?
i found it easier to install it on the motorcycle, i actually did most of the bending on the motorcycle, because i was limited on resources i needed to bend it, but i ended up bolting it down, torching the pipes with a blow torch ( i was ify about it, because i was worried it might do harm the bike, but it turned out ok, correct me if im wrong, but it worked out for me) then bending it with a crowbar and then figuring out how i need to put the exhaust on, it was a little harder when i tried it the other way

alexmarin99

Bend

Where exactly did you bend it? Was it near the 4 cylinder pipes, the 90 degrees angle pipe, the 4 to 2 pipe or was it near the 2 to 1 pipe? Sorry for asking to many questions haha.

davet7469

Where exactly did you bend it? Was it near the 4 cylinder pipes, the 90 degrees angle pipe, the 4 to 2 pipe or was it near the 2 to 1 pipe? Sorry for asking to many questions haha.
its ok questions are good, it really helps, i heated up the 90 degree-ish bend but one thing i did notice was the front fairing at the bottom that connects the two fairings on the side,( that black piece over the headers was touching the headers so i shaved of a piece and its not noticeable in case you run into that issue

davet7469

Also i couldnt figure out how to mount the muffler mount when i got it until i saw this guy put some sort of bracket that goes around the swingarm, i mean if yours is setup like that, just a tip that i had issues with, i ended up putting a u bolt around the swingarm to hold it (the pic is where i got the idea btw)

Attachments

Mgalutia88

Not trying to be a jerk here, but that's not the swing arm. That's your rear footpeg bracket. Your swing arm is the rear suspension arm that... Swings. If you attach anything to the swing arm it's going to get ripped off.