fuel additive?

MikeN02

Yeah, asked my friend who works at Cycle Gear and he said to use SeaFoam. They didn't have anymore in stock and told me to go to Autozone or some place to get a small bottle of it. I needed it for my Ninja 250R which runs on Carbs that gum up.

elishatarvin

looks good. i was looking at the how to on their site and it says to add 1 oz/1gal of gas for one thing then 2 oz/1 gal of gas for another etc. do i need to add all those ounces up or does anyone have advice on how much to add. also when i add to gas do i need to mix it before putting in tank or will adding gas mix it itself if i pour seafoam in first? and do i add it every time i fill up (that could be pricey? and as far as adding it to the oil i could just pour it in the oil container and shake it up or do u guys have better suggestions for all this? i know thats alot of questions, i just want to make sure i get it right. thanx

MikeN02

looks good. i was looking at the how to on their site and it says to add 1 oz/1gal of gas for one thing then 2 oz/1 gal of gas for another etc. do i need to add all those ounces up or does anyone have advice on how much to add. also when i add to gas do i need to mix it before putting in tank or will adding gas mix it itself if i pour seafoam in first? and do i add it every time i fill up (that could be pricey? and as far as adding it to the oil i could just pour it in the oil container and shake it up or do u guys have better suggestions for all this? i know thats alot of questions, i just want to make sure i get it right. thanx
Haven't used it myself but I would say just add in a little the next time you fill up. Like mixing soap in a bucket to wash your bike the hose (gas) will mix up the soap (Seafoam). Also, just use it one time and if it happens again use it again. One time use so that it cleans out everything and you're good to go.

Never really dealt with the oil one just gas.

owldaddy

I have used Sea Foam for years. I add it at 1 oz per gallon. Since the bottle is larger then you would use in one use, I measure out 5 oz in a smaller fuel additive bottle, and take it to the gas station when I refuel. Having an old 8 oz. fuel additive bottle around is handy since it will seal well, and is easy to add to the tank. Add it before pumping fuel, you will get it mixed up real good that way. If you want to use 2 oz/gal. it won't hurt anything. I use it every couple months or 2000 miles. Since it is a fuel stabilizer as well, adding it to the tank before setting the bike up for the winter is a good idea. You will want to run the bike for a few minutes after adding it to make sure you get treated fuel through out the system.

cavcuz05

i used lucas it solved my dirty injector problem in a jiffy

elishatarvin

i will give seafoam a try. i remember hearing their name awhile back and how good of a product it was but i havent thought about it since. if that doesnt work out i have heard lucas is good as well. thanx for all the help. once again i was not let down :cheer:

2w05thletes

OH MY GOODNESS!! I got through 9 pages of that thread... Unbelievable how funny that thing is!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Last edited:

jcbrown630

Boy i was bored at work. I read the whole thread. If he wasn't trolling he says on one of the last pages that he got it going after 2 tanks of fuel sys cleaner. THat thread made it into wikipedia...!