Front signals

RyanChristenson

Since there are so many different mod posts I thought I'd start a new one rather than search. So I put on flushies in the front but would like some more visibility for turn signals in the front. I thought about adding to the fake air intakes but also maybe put in new mirrors with the signals integrated. Looking for some thoughts from people who have done either of these additions and maybe which one would be better and easier to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last edited:

photoman002

For the front air intake signals... I understand splicing them into the current signal wires, but when the turn signal isn't activated, do the lights stay lit as daytime running or are they just off until you use your turn signal?

latony007

i did the exact same mod, in fact Scott helped me too. Get some indoor out door tape, cut it into thin strips to go right behind the LED strip and you set. You can cut the LED strip to any length you want, every 3 lights. As for wiring if there is a couple different ways you can go but if your flushes are not daytime running then you should hook the strips into the exact wires.

Attachments

I saw at Auto Zone the other day, some 4" x2 strips of LED's that varied in colors (including Amber). They only cost 15 bones not including tax. I'm planning on splicing those to the front somewhere. I have the same issue with the flush mounted proton signals. I want to make sure the vehicles ahead know I'm coming.

photoman002

Kinda makes me wonder why I got rid if the front & rear stock signals, but then I look at them up on the shelf in the garage and I am so happy to have the integrated rear with the proton fronts.

RyanChristenson

Still waiting on the right led strips to arrive. Ordered a pair but didn't think they would work as they wouldn't be lite up facing forward. Might look at putting them on the underside of the passenger bar.

RyanChristenson

Well still more waiting. Ordered inline from igtuning. They pretty much muffed everything up. They did give me refund though. Reordered pair in amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

latony007

RyanChristenson

I saw those but that seemed to be way too long in length. Plus coming from China, the weather might be good enough to ride before they get here.

latony007

I saw those but that seemed to be way too long in length. Plus coming from China, the weather might be good enough to ride before they get here.

you can cut them every 3 lights, what did you wind up ordering or was it on here and i missed it?

RyanChristenson

I found some on amazon. I didn't realize you could cut these. Oh well. Ones on amazon where 9 lights long.

latony007

I found some on amazon. I didn't realize you could cut these. Oh well. Ones on amazon where 9 lights long.

as long as they face sideways like the ones I put up you should be fine. I wanted to put the flat ones because they were black plastic instead of the clear but they would not bend the right way and I couldt find any place to put them that looked as good