Premium Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

dsc

What size pin?

Anyone know what size pin to use with the triple tree stand? Was planning to get one, but didn't know what size pin to get.

jfont

Anyone know what size pin to use with the triple tree stand? Was planning to get one, but didn't know what size pin to get.
Did you find an answer? I am also looking into a stand and have the same question. Also if you have bought one, what brand and opinion do you have on your's?

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

dsc

Front wheel triple tree stand

Did you find an answer? I am also looking into a stand and have the same question. Also if you have bought one, what brand and opinion do you have on your's?
I never got the answer... until nismos14 responded above. So thanks for asking!

I bought this CHN from Amazon:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/CHN-FW-1-Front-Wheel-Stand/dp/B0050H39OW/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1379980053&sr=8-10&keywords=chn]Amazon.com: CHN FW-1 Front Wheel Stand: Automotive[/ame]

It comes with 5 pins: 13, 15, 16.5, 17, 18. The 18 is a little small, so
nismos14's answer of 21mm seems right.

You can buy a 21mm pin from Amazon too:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/21mm-Motorcycle-Race-Stand-Pin/dp/B008SC4KMQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1379980784&sr=1-1&keywords=21mm+motorcycle+stand+pin]Amazon.com: 21mm Motorcycle Race Stand Pin: Rage Powersports: Automotive[/ame]

I haven't used my lift yet. Will probably do so in a few months to replace my tire. It looks like it'll be good enough for the occasional use. If you plan to use it every day, I suggest something beefier than the CHN.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

dsc

Just saw this on Amazon and thought it was mislabeled. Looks like it lifts the front end from the bottom of the forks. Any thoughts? I already have a rear, looks like a bargain at $30 + shipping to keep the front off the ground

Venom Sport Bike Motorcycle Front Fork Wheel Lift Stand Paddock Stands Fits Yamaha Honda Kawasaki Suzuki Ducati BMW : Amazon.com : Automotive
I've seen this fork stand on sale at Cycle Gear for $30:
TRACKSIDE - Front Stand - Front Stands - Stands - Accessories - CycleGear - Cycle Gear

Fork stands are not as flexible as tree stands. Makes it impossible to work on the forks and gets in the way if you want to work on the brakes.