Frame slider recommendation

JustKatie

I have been reading through posts about frame sliders trying to figure out which is the best one to go with. I would like to install myself so I would like installation to be easy and I would also like them to be "no-cut". I'm not as concerned with price...you get what you pay for. More interested in quality and ease of installing. I would really appreciate any recommendation. Thanks in advance, Katie.

Kdubb223

I have OES no cut sliders on my bike. Very easy to install. Can't say if they work or not... Havnt dropped her yet, thank god.

rjohnson5481

sho gun protected it when i layed it down in a parking lot. No scratches or anything just the sliders being scratched

Sage

I have the trex nocuts. no review since they haven't been used (knock on wood)

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

Br1ngiton

I got the shogun no-cut frame sliders from eBay. link

Pros:
- Installation was not hard
- best looking (imo)
- I know someone who went down with shoguns and the bike came out alive

Cons:
- Known for coming loose after a while
- I lost my right slider on the highway and didn't feel it was worth possibly dieing to stop and pick it up.
- The eBay guy sent me the cut ones by accident but after I contacted them he quickly fixed the problem.

Chucker

From all I've seen, the T-Rex has the strongest mount.

Attachments

Lefty

I had installation problems with my T-Rex sliders last August, and after talking back and forth with the company, they confirmed I had an old batch, plus they said they will incorporate my recommendations concerning updating the instructions as well as making the right bracket holes a little wider apart and using a shorter front bolt on the right bracket. The new ones should eliminate the installation problems I ran into.

As for a review, I laid my bike down and only the slider was scratched.

Cheers.

Chucker

I had installation problems with my T-Rex sliders last August, and after talking back and forth with the company, they confirmed I had an old batch, plus they said they will incorporate my recommendations concerning updating the instructions as well as making the right bracket holes a little wider apart and using a shorter front bolt on the right bracket. The new ones should eliminate the installation problems I ran into.

As for a review, I laid my bike down and only the slider was scratched.

Cheers.
I don't think they've changed anything yet. I just received a set 3 weeks ago and the holes on the right bracket were too close. I had to elongate one.

buckwild

I have the Intuitive No-Cuts and they were very easy to install, hardware seems pretty sturdy. No sideways action for me though so I cant give a crash test rate. But I was very happy with the buy as far as looks and apparent quality so far.

walter kanov

I did T-Rex install this Saturday. May be i had a set from the old batch or may be the instructions were not completely corrected from what others describe, but the right and left sliders were mis-labeled (short one goes to the throttle side and longer one to the clutch side; look carefully at the instructions pictures instead of labels "left" and "right" on the decals that are in the packages). The bolts on the right side one was a pain to get started without screwing up the threads. Probably should have drilled out or filed one of the holes on right bracket. The instructions for the left side bracket talked about a shorter bolt but had the location wrong (pay attention to the length of the bolts that you take out to tell you where to put in the shorter bolt).

Install experience left bad taste and impression about the product.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

lwclancers

I have the OES no cuts. I installed them within a few weeks of getting my bike last summer.

Sadly to find out, they DO work :thumbup: I would like to thank the jagbag who backed into and knocked my bike over in my parking lot at a whopping 400 miles shortly after installing them for helping me test them out. They cut down alot of the damage that could have happened...and...they barely look scathed...and remained tight and in place. (I also used a little locktite when installing them, which I think everyone should do)

Crocop43

I have shogun no cut frame sliders I like them mine are white so it is a good contrast for my bike graphics....but u can get them different colors

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Bloke

Those no cuts look like they'd just act like a nice big lever to bend the single mounting point in a fall.

Think I'll just get some R&G cut sliders for my beastie. Though I like the idea of the triple point no-cut (t-cut?) ones.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk