Finally, I have it home

elikhom

Finally got my bike early this morning. Took it for a ride for a couple hours and it feels great. It's my first bike so I took it easy just riding around the neighborhood at 40mph tops (lol) until I feel more comfortable with it.

Now my biggest concern is how to lock the bike properly. I don't have a garage at home, so I'll need to park it the back of the house, I got an alarmed disc lock and a chain (Onguard beast 5016L), and I'm having difficulty properly securing the bike with the chain due to limited length and space.

Do you guys think this is good enough? It seems to me that I need to find a better way to lock my new baby.

Here are some pics:

Attachments

iSpoolin

1.) I hate you for having the copper/raven scheme, I want it haha
2.)Welcome to the site, since I haven't greeted you
3.)Thats looks quite secure to me. Wish mine was that secure.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Detrich

congrats on the new bike and welcome! :)

motoguy82

hmm, Houston huh? I understand your worry, but I think with a front disk lock and a thick chain through the swingarm/rear-wheel you're about as good as you're going to do without a garage. Enjoy your new ride!

Chucker

Finally got my bike early this morning. Took it for a ride for a couple hours and it feels great. It's my first bike so I took it easy just riding around the neighborhood at 40mph tops (lol) until I feel more comfortable with it.

Now my biggest concern is how to lock the bike properly. I don't have a garage at home, so I'll need to park it the back of the house, I got an alarmed disc lock and a chain (Onguard beast 5016L), and I'm having difficulty properly securing the bike with the chain due to limited length and space.

Do you guys think this is good enough? It seems to me that I need to find a better way to lock my new baby.

Here are some pics:
I don't know how safe your neighbourhood is, but I would think alarmed disc lock, heavy chain, and a cover is about as good as you can do if you must leave it outside. Someone who could steal it with that protection could probably get it anyway.

I would definitely look for another place to keep it any time you're out of town.

elikhom

The neighborhood is pretty safe, but I'm one of the few houses without a gate so it worries me a little.

I do agree that having it covered is a big plus, it doesn't attract attention and somehow it looks smaller than when uncovered, it looks like I had a big scooter under the cover not an fz6r.

blkbrd

Elite Member

Newmason

yeah you pretty much suck....... that new color is awesome on our bikes! Congrats man, you will love it! :wav:

Ken

Very nice bike. Enjoy it. I'm new as well and bought my first bike (2010 FZ6R) 2 months ago. Logged my first 600 miles and am getting the first service this weekend. I took the motorcycle safety class and learned a lot. Don't forgot to remove your security devices before you take off. :) Don't laugh at me, but on one of my first rides, I forgot to remove my wheel lock because I had "TCLOCK" (precheck list) in my head and removing the wheel lock was not on it. It makes an awful noise. spank:

Ken:

CDN6R

Welcome to all the new members to our club. First time I have seen a new 2011 6R and it is beautiful,really like the copper color. This is a great place and you can find lots of info by using the search button. So all those please ride safe.

CrazyCawi

Welcome to the website. I as well love the copper raven theme! Beautiful bike, goes with many different colors of gear as well!

nucmedman63

Like the color and welcome. looks like you have it about as secure as you can get. welcome to the site great place to get answers and ideas for mods.