Fender Eliminator

fshane2

Yes, I know fender eliminators are available everywhere. But here in Pennsylvania, I have to get my bike inspected every year, and if the turn signals are not DOT certified, I will not pass. Anybody buy an aftermarket fender eliminator and still use the stock rear turn signals?
Ride a 2009 FZ6R

Bert-Aus

That R&G FE presents the plate a lot further to the rear than the Targa FE, which is a good outcome.:thumbup:
I found with the Targa FE on my Xj6S occasionally the rear wheel touched the license plate causing it to fold inwards to the tail under.

The first time I noticed the plate folded in like that I actually thought someone had vandalised my bike:eek:
Following a couple incidents of this occurring I realised what the issue was, from then on I set my rear shock preload to #5 for commuting and #6 for longer hills/ twisties/ touring

Cstewart101

I actually just got back from testing a prototype fender eliminator by motodynamic that will be coming out in the near future. Comes with a license plate light as well as oem turn signals. As it was a prototype. It still has some work to be done. After measurements were made it was only 3 inches away from lp. My current dmp fe sits at 4 inches.

lark

any other users with experience with fender elims? good or bad. Don't have yearly inspection here. Thanks,
Lark

Malicioso

I personally have the Targa and it's been over two weeks since install and no issues to be reported, only thing I can say is that the instructions for the wiring could have been written much clearer.

Chucker

I got a R&G specifically because it puts the plate out far enough that the tire won't hit it. It is designed for the stock turn signals, and comes with inserts to accommodate smaller aftermarket indicators. It sounds like it's exactly what you need.

lark

I personally have the Targa and it's been over two weeks since install and no issues to be reported, only thing I can say is that the instructions for the wiring could have been written much clearer.
hah! I got ya on that one Malicioso. I read the instructions repeatedly, and still wondered which wire was supposed to go to which wire. also, there was a huge surplus of wire that I feel like was an ugly jumble that I stuffed up along the frame. However I love the look! :D