Fellow FZ6 rider down.... :(

linkgt

I just found out earlier today a good friend of mine passed away in a motorcycle accident on his FZ6 yesterday afternoon. This happened about 2 minutes away from his house. I'm assuming he was on his way back home...

Motorcycle crash closes N. Bellport road

"The operator of a motorcycle was killed Monday afternoon in a collision with a pickup on East Woodside Avenue near Sawgrass Drive in North Bellport, Suffolk County police said.

The accident was reported at 3:26 p.m., a police spokeswoman said, and East Woodside Avenue was closed in both directions as the accident was investigated.

The driver of the pickup was hospitalized. His condition was not known."

Short news article about it. I'm planning on visiting his parents tomorrow and find out what exactly happened and give my condolences. Will also find out when the funeral will be held. Really sad news that took me by surprise today. He was my main riding buddy, bought our bikes the same time and would hang out a ton. Was also one of the first people I got to know when i moved to Long Island. On my way to the gym yesterday I saw cops blocking that intersection all afternoon without even the slightest idea what had happened. He was only 22...

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Sad news. Sorry for your loss.

linkgt

RIP, in for more details. Did he wear ATGATT?
Yea, Helmet, jacket, gloves, boots and kevlar jeans. I'm not entirely sure how it happened but if I can get in touch with his parents tomorrow I will share details.

Last edited:

Sparkxx1

Aw damn this was the FZ6 rider you mentioned yesterday in your post. :( My condolences, this is terrible. Makes me wonder how easy we come and go.

linkgt

Aw damn this was the FZ6 rider you mentioned yesterday in your post. :( My condolences, this is terrible. Makes me wonder how easy we come and go.
Yea same person. It still seems unreal to me. I just cant believe it. He was the parents only child too.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Spunky99

The condition of the bike, resting place in the road and the debris field indicates to me that the truck made a left turn in front of the motorcycle.

JSP

Super Moderator
Very sorry to hear... :(

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Spunky99

how did you get that? just wondering lol i look at that pic and see a really crashed bike... you look at it and see what happened, are you CSI?
I'm old, experienced and have a vivid imagination.....

Look at the front forks at the triple tree frame connection. It looks offset like the rider tried to steer away from the vehicle that turned and further angled as the truck accelerated to get out of the way at the last minute as they collided. It doesn't look like a typical T-Bone. Notice the tire is below the centerline of the frame.
Left side of bike road rashed with rear turn signal disturbed but right side straight out from the bike. Front rim looks flattened with a much wider tire closest to the photographer if you zoom in. Headers appear to be at an angle consistent with the triple tree offset angle that is not stock.

Besides....from my experience 90% of all collisions involving a motorcycle and a cager, the cager was making a turn in front of the bike.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Spunky99

very good!... i give you kudos for that... gives a better insight on what may have happened.
It doesn't make me feel any better about the kid or the poor parents that are grieving right now. Such a profound loss....

Detrich

Am so sorry to hear about this. :(. Condolences to u & ur friend's family. Sigh

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

linkgt

The condition of the bike, resting place in the road and the debris field indicates to me that the truck made a left turn in front of the motorcycle.

That's what I was thinking, but there are other possibilities as well. As I said, I will find out exactly what happened tomorrow...

Thanks again for the condolences guys, I really appreciate it.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

linkgt

Sorry for the lost of your riding buddy. Life is short...

Was he a member of the FZ6 forum? Might be a good thing to make an announcement. Sad, sad, sad...
Nah I don't think so. I told him to go there for help and all but I think he just lurked. I'll make an announcement anyway though. :/

Edit: Saw you already made one, thanks man.

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member