Fairing Gap??

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Fzara2000

Stadiumyamaha.com. Part is about $7. I expect to get my delivery this week.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Is this it?

#17: 36P-2833A-00-00
BRACKET 7
$6.65

Can you take a quick pic of it when you get it?

I'm guessing its a pretty easy fix, right? Did you order anything else?

Last edited:

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Fzara2000

Yeah that is the part I ordered. The part of mine is twisted like yours, but those little "flanges" in middle of it are not even touching the frame or whatever it is like on yours. What you took a pic of though is the part I ordered. I didnt order any of the bolts that go with it. Thinking and hoping that I can just re-use what I have.

I can take a pic when received, but might not be posted until next week. Going out of town on Friday for the whole weekend. Part is coming via that UPS Mail Innovations service (I hate it when things delivered by USPS. Wish they would just do "real" UPS)

Looks like would be an easy fix to me also. I also have a kickstand coming but that I am not going to try putting on. I dont want to deal with the spring. My local dealer said would only cost me $12-15 to put it on. (On a side note I love their prices.... the 600 mile service is only going to be $105. I was scarred reading other prices on here)
Excellent. Yeah take a pic when you receive it. Also, can you give me a quick DIY when you do it? I know it's self-explanatory but I don't want any other parts breaking while I do the install.

Fzara2000

Installed the part and compared it to the metal bracket that I had. They were like complete opposites!!!! I think i've gotten rid of the gap, but im posting pics again to make sure everything looks ok. Tell me what you guys think.

Attachments

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member