Fair price for 09 FZ6R?

Supreme

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and new to bikes in general and needed some help on pricing. I'm planning to buy a 2009 FZ6R with 1500 miles and we agreed on 5500. The bike has never been dropped or anything. KBB prices the bike around mid 4000 so I was curious if this was a good deal? Any advice would be helpful!

Personally, I think that is high... I found a MINT condition bike for 4900, or 5000, and the miles were about the same. I wouldn't go any higher than 5k.

Btw, I got mine for 4400 with 980 miles. It only came with some small knicks on the right side faring.

DakinechicK

Seems a little steep to me. Does it have any upgrades/Mods? Services done on it? How many owners?
I'd say it's about 1,000 too much, but that's just my opinion. :)

Anyway, welcome to the forum!! :cheer:

Supreme

I don't think there has been any services done yet and the bike is completely stock. He is the only owner. I thought the bike was overpriced as well. Just out of curiosity, is KBB a good reference for prices on bikes? What would be a fair price for the bike? The bike is yellow/black if that makes any difference in pricing.

Thank you! I'm glad to be a new member with helpful members. Very fast responses

va_bank

It's spring and all bikes fetch top dollar. This is why I buy in the fall and sell in the spring. I'm hanging around here, waiting until August. Last September they were going for about 4000 - 4500 in my area, but I had two bikes in the garage and there was no room for third. I sold one and now waiting for "deal time" to get an FZ6R.

DakinechicK

Here is a thread for a well respected members bike that has many mods, meticulously maintained and has a few more miles than the bike you are looking at currently. He's selling it for 4k. It's a beautiful bike!! Far from you, but should give you an idea http://www.600cc.org/forum/f34/fs-2009-cadmium-yellow-25492/

I wouldn't go above 4800 for a 2009, and that would be the most extreme price I'd pay. I feel like KBB is not a good source to go to when buying a bike or car. I think talking to people, like us, who own them and know what we paid and or are willing to pay is the way to go.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Tmak73

I would also look at NADA value of the bike. KBB is okay but you can never get a true number from just one place. I am selling my 09' and asking for $5900, but then again I do have a fair amount of modifications done to the bike. Also, the average NADA retail price for my bike with the mods done was $6024 but NADA gives you the high and low of the spectrum, those being around 6900 and 4400, respectively.

For a fully stock bike I think that between 5K a little high and with that little mileage on the bike you have to hope that if it has been sitting around a lot the past few years that it was properly maintained.

Just my 2 cents.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member
Last edited:

buzzbomb

Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member
Last edited:

bigpish13

Just my advice, just as everyone has mentioned, you should be about $4500 max for a standard bike w/o upgrades. Be patient. There will be one that will show up. I just sold mine for $4500 09 raven w/ 11,000 miles on it, mint condition. There were other similarly priced bikes when I sold mine, so it's out there. BTW: I bought mine in 2009 new for $6k 0 miles.
I would also advise you to make sure they have the pink in hand when you buy it to prevent headaches later on. I would not settle for any downed bikes. There are too many bikes out there that are barely used or babied like mine to settle for one with unknown potential future problems.
Good luck and happy hunting!

buzzbomb

Elite Member

CrazyCawi

it wasnt the bike.......end of the line.....its a lovely bike....a beautiful bike.... but it wasnt my bike.... it just wasnt :/

and well the bike that was..... well her owner.... beautiful but a little...less intelligent than thought...... put me in an not so likable situation but things are working out and will work out... its just unfortunate that it is going the way its going but in the end it will all be worth it.

:backtotopic:
you should have slept with her atleast....

Chevyfazer

Talking about mods and extras to bikes, most people who are what I would call "seasoned" bike owners/sellers realize that when it comes time to sell its better to put the bike back as stock as possible because in reality it doesn't matter how much money you have sunk into parts and upgrades because the bike is only worth what the bike is. Yes some people try to up their price if they have put a lot of money in it and sometimes they find someone who either just doesn't know better than to pay a lot extra or someone who wants everything that is already on the bike and is willing to pay for it. The word money pit comes to mind lol. And that just being the way it is with bikes as well as other cars and trucks that normally get modified, more times then not a completely stock unmolested bike, car, or truck can and will bring a little more money then one that the seller personalized to make it his own.

So keep that in mind as well while searching for a bike, but even with that being true most of the time, and with the low miles the bike has on it that your looking at it still seems a bit high.