Exhaust Options

snowtrax

I spoke to my mechanic and he said there are slip ons available for the FZ6R. I'm assuming they just cut the pipe and weld it on? Does anyone have any suggestions for slip ons?

My other option is to get the R6 headers but I'm not sure how difficult they'd be to bend and if it would be a good fit. Would a full R6 exhaust fit after you bend it?

Prelusive

I spoke to my mechanic and he said there are slip ons available for the FZ6R. I'm assuming they just cut the pipe and weld it on? Does anyone have any suggestions for slip ons?

My other option is to get the R6 headers but I'm not sure how difficult they'd be to bend and if it would be a good fit. Would a full R6 exhaust fit after you bend it?
Yes, from what I know R6 headers match up after you bend to fit around the oil pan I believe. Also cutting the stock exhaust requires a Bit of work but can be done to add your own slipon exhaust. Another route you could go would be to buy mjs headers and add your own slip on and in my opinion that has the best appearance if that's what you want but cost a little more money