Engine Guard/Frame Sliders Review and Install

steveje

Hello. I found some eBay engine guard/frame sliders and they looked pretty good but I could not find pictures of them on our bike or any user review of them, so being not too bad of a risk at $29.98, I bought them and was able to install today. Here is the link for anyone interested.

Overall thoughts: Seems well built. It uses a CNC aluminum piece that attaches to the engine using spacers and their bolts. Then an outer hard plastic piece attaches to that. The hard plastic seems like the Delrin used in traditional frame sliders. I think they look pretty good, but I don't care for the chrome spacers. I'll probably paint or plastidip them black at some point. I think they'll probably do the job of protecting the engine covers if the bike goes down. They don't stick out far, so they'll probably not help the plastics much. I don't intend going down, but if I do, I'll update with results.

The parts:
IMG_4169.jpg
IMG_4170.jpg

Installing on the right side:
IMG_4174.jpg
Note: Bolts don't stick out beyond this piece when fully installed. I just decided to take a picture before tightening them all down. They sit flush when tightened.
IMG_4175.jpg
IMG_4179.jpg

Installing on the left side (sorry for the terrible lighting):
IMG_4177.jpg
IMG_4178.jpg

djayd

Hello. I found some eBay engine guard/frame sliders and they looked pretty good but I could not find pictures of them on our bike or any user review of them, so being not too bad of a risk at $29.98, I bought them and was able to install today. Here is the link for anyone interested.

Overall thoughts: Seems well built. It uses a CNC aluminum piece that attaches to the engine using spacers and their bolts. Then an outer hard plastic piece attaches to that. The hard plastic seems like the Delrin used in traditional frame sliders. I think they look pretty good, but I don't care for the chrome spacers. I'll probably paint or plastidip them black at some point. I think they'll probably do the job of protecting the engine covers if the bike goes down. They don't stick out far, so they'll probably not help the plastics much. I don't intend going down, but if I do, I'll update with results.

The parts:
View attachment 40080
View attachment 40081

Installing on the right side:
View attachment 40082
Note: Bolts don't stick out beyond this piece when fully installed. I just decided to take a picture before tightening them all down. They sit flush when tightened.
View attachment 40083
View attachment 40086

Installing on the left side (sorry for the terrible lighting):
View attachment 40084
View attachment 40085
How did you find these? The link you posted isn't working anymore.