Ducati sex appeal

danieljardim

A lot of people told me that the ducati has a sex appeal with girls and I have to say YES it does.

My wife hated my 6r. She didn't like the color, she didn't like the way it looked, after the tbr she was complaining that was too loud, she never wanted to even hop on it.

The diavel, she loves it, she loves the color, she loves the way it looks, it was her birthday sunday and we had a little bbq and she was all excited showing it to all her friends.

Next step now is convince her to hop on it and go for a ride with me (she is scare of it).

I hope this bike don't bring any troubles :rolleyes: with the wife if you know what i mean. :leghump:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

RoadTrip

my wife had the opposite reaction to my new gixxer, she thought it was too small, she liked the FZ6R better I think :)

BKP

My S.O. loves the 6R...

She just doesn't love me leaning it all the way over with her on it... (I *really* have to stop doing that...).

MustGoFaster

My S.O. loves the 6R...

She just doesn't love me leaning it all the way over with her on it... (I *really* have to stop doing that...).
Haha, mine either! I keep telling her, "Honey, it's a bike. That's how it turns." :D

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

FastFreddy

I'd always justify any extravagant purchases by saying, "I'm like an Italian, its the passion coming out in me". For some reason, it worked every time. I honestly thought it wouldn't work.

When it comes to manipulating the man to buy something for the woman though, woah, I've got too many crazy stories about the lengths of manipulations some women will go to...

Spunky99

Ducati motorcycles are sexy as hell. Everything about them except the sound of a twin is 100% sexy.
My Triumph triple sounds a lot more sexy than a Ducati and it looks sexy too but the looks are definitely second to a Ducati.

Last edited:

Detrich

Just don't want to put too many miles on them vs Japanese bikes. My friend's 848's already has already busted a radiator amongst other things. He's barely put 1500 miles on it. Still a sexy machine though. But I'm just not willing to deal with all the repairs.

danieljardim

Just don't want to put too many miles on them vs Japanese bikes. My friend's 848's already has already busted a radiator amongst other things. He's barely put 1500 miles on it. Still a sexy machine though. But I'm just not willing to deal with all the repairs.
vehicle repairs are all about luck. You can have 2 cars made the same day, one you will never have a problem, the other one will be a piece of junk with everything going wrong with it.

So far at the diavel forum everybody saying the bike is pretty reliable.

Detrich

True. But the Panigale already has 2 serious safety factory recalls out.

Again not saying they're unreliable. Just that from observation, they seem to be more problematic than Japanese bikes- all other things being equal.

linkgt

True. But the Panigale already has 2 serious safety factory recalls out.

Again not saying they're unreliable. Just that from observation, they seem to be more problematic than Japanese bikes- all other things being equal.
This.

Anyway, they are pretty sexy bikes. I mean, it was the scene in the Tron remake where the guy rides the ducati that actually inspired me to buy a motorcycle :). My ex liked the 6r, no complaints.