Droid X

Chaos

Anyone here rockin the new Droid X yet. I got mine a few days ago and lemme tell ya,..... this thing is the bomb! I spent about an hour at my cuzos house comparing his iphone to it and personally I think the X smokes it. Anyone else got thoughts there?

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Chaos

I was at the mall and saw the X...I really like it, except for the size...I'd have to put it in my pocket and see how it felt, it's rather big.
It does seem big at first but it really is only about a 1/4 inch wider and 1/8 of an inch taller. Way way way slimmer. I thought that too but had to rock it. Lovin it

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Chaos

It comes on the X, but it costs $20 more a month. I don't need it or would I ever really use it. But it is gonna come with the froyo update

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Yellow09FZ6R

A co worker just got one the other day but I havent seen it. Pretty much everyone at work has a droid now, a lot of original moto users, theres the one guy with the x, and me and one other person have a hero.

svashist

My droid X rocks. Wonder if people are still keeping their iphone 4, when they know that it is defective and apple will fix the antenna issue in future hardware.

JonKerr

Elite Member

svashist

Anyone know if Verizon is going to drop the price of the regular Droid now that this thing is out. My wife and I are looking at switching to Verizon as we can get 25% off our monthly bill through her work, but I don't really want to drop $150 on a new phone. We're trying to save money by switching, not spend more.
Wirefly has it for free , I saw it at my local Sam's for $89 . Guess you can buy it with the contract & then ask Verizon to apply the billing discount.

Stricken

Nexus One> Droid X

I have my desktop tethered on it as well as 3 laptops connected via wifi hot spot and I dont have to pay anything extra form tmobile. Unlimited internet with 3G speeds up to 10gb then it throttles down to EDGE speeds.

redwing-2001

has anyone seen a bike mount for the Droid X? It's got mad navigation function...
I use this RAM Mount System from Cycle Gadgets. Others have used a Bicycle Dry Box from REI. Pretty good discussion on this forum a few months ago.

Attachments

stevet

I got miy Droid X the first hour they were released. It is by far the best phone I've ever had. The last 2 were Iphones. They were the very worst and didn't live up to all the hype. I would drop calls daily where ever I was and couldn't even call out of my own house. ATT was aware of the poor reception and wanted to sell you a repeater for the house at your expense. The internet on this phone is also super fast. I would never look back.

husker525

I went from a Blackberry Storm 1 to the Storm 2, to the Droid Incredible. I am not sure what the Droid X is, but I love my Incredible!! It is by far the best phone I have ever owned. I can tether my phone to my laptop and have the internet anywhere I need it. Works well when I need my laptop functions and don't want to use my phone to do it.

I love the Nav functions. I have the directions fed through my Scala, and it is all Bluetooth, including my music. Pandora is a great app too. Can someone explain what this Froyo thing is though? I am computer challenged....to say the least.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Roaddawg

So, I'm behind the technology curve...but I just got myself a Droid X today. Target had them for $99 with a $50 gift card. As I sit here trying to figure this thing out, are there any good apps that you guys highly recommend?

Y

yellowfz

Original Droid 1 , rooted , Custom ROM (Bugless Beast v0.5), and loving it , OCed to 800mhz , waiting for Tegra 2 , Nvidia Phone (Olympus) coming soon , 4.1" screen , smoking dual core .
Love the Droid 1 because it is Google raw , not tainted by Blur or Sense UI , just good old Google magic , 2.3 Ginger bread is coming soon .
Bugless Beast v0.6 (Pete) is coming out with a AOSP ROM (2.2.1) soon as well .
For geeks this is the phone . :thumbup: