Do you sit on you're bike while you fill it up?

Do you sit on you're bike while you fill it up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SurfJunkie

I fill up while sitting on the bike, no stand down or anything.
I pull up close enough to the pump and keep my wallet in my jacket. I don't take gloves off or anything. Never had an issue.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

BoneJj

I keep my gas card in my chest pocket, stop, take off gloves and put them on top of my guage cluster, pop my pocket open and run the card, fuel up, take reciept (very important in case some doo gooder sees you pull up, fuel up, and jet real quick) put reciept in the same pocket as the card, start up, gloves, and gone. When I'm gearing up I plan for a fuel stop because I hate losing time on the road. When I am going somewhere far from home I want to make the best time possible. I don't stop to pee if I can help it, and I make fuel stops that resemble pit stops, no time wasted.
That's kind of how I am as well with it.

I get some of these guys concerns and I know people think differently but out of all the time that I've been filling up while the bike is level and I'm still on it I've never had a spill, dripped on the tank, issues of loosing balance or any of these issues other issues these guys are concerned about. I personally don't get the concerns.

I keep my wallet in my back pocket and I do the same, take the one glove off, grab wallet, run card, punch numbers, put card away/wallet back in pocket. Fill, grab receipt, close everything and go off on my way. Doesn't take long at all for me.

I can understand that for those that have issues with being able to touch the ground on both sides of the bike would want to put the kick stand down but I still don't see the need to really get off the bike unless you jut want to stretch or have a moment or something.

IDK, I'm just as neurotic as the next OCD (CDO) character about keeping the bike clean and doing things right without issue but this is one area that I just don't see the problem for most riders to not be able to just pull up, fill and go without having to put the bike on the stand.

Too each their own though, Suum cuique. If it makes them happy then by all means let them be happy.

gado

I pull up close enough to the pump that I don't ahve to lean, stay on my bike, put the stand down just in case, fill, pay, beat it. On one long trip I do regularly I hit the same station every time and have it down to a science. My fuel stop only costs me about 5 minutes.
I do it the same way.

Andy

Off the bike kickstand side to pump.

If you're in a location that requires enhanced vapor recovery nozzles (the ones with the flexible spring-loaded shroud around them) refueling to the point of being really full is a two-handed effort. Would not want to be doing that while straddling the bike and trying to keep it upright.

Much easier in areas with the older-style nozzles.
We have them here in a few counties. I use one hand to hold the pump handle and two fingers to keep the spring loaded part off my tank so nothing gets marked up. I can see when to stop when the fuel level is where I want it. I have seen people off the bike filling from the high side... kick stand away from the pump. looks akward that way.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

6R Blackout

I do sit on my bike while fueling it so I can try to get the maximum amount of fuel in the tank.:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

tlsollen

I keep my wallet in my back pocket and I do the same, take the one glove off, grab wallet, run card, punch numbers, put card away/wallet back in pocket. Fill, grab receipt, close everything and go off on my way. Doesn't take long at all for me.
This..................

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

abyss1406

huh i never thought about getting off the back to fill up. always thought it was to much of a hassel. lol

buzzbomb

Elite Member

BoneJj

I honestly never put much thought into other ways. I pull up to the pump, take gloves off, fish my card out of my inside jacket pocket and fill up.

I keep the bike upright so that the fuel level is maxed at about 1/2 inch below the screen. Then I ride enough to drop the fuel level before I have to park it.

If I've stuff to do at a gas station before I fill, well I do it before I fill, LOL.

I like really long rides, and the F-trip is no stranger to me. I guess that's why I fuel the way I do, to get the max in. It doesn't matter if it's just a commute fill or a Run fill. I do it the same way.
What is F-trip, is that the trip to go get laid?

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member