DIY Tank Bag!

JSP

Super Moderator
Since I gave my old tank bag away... (eh... Tatty... Ehm.. ). :D

I had an old back pack that I already cut the straps off of a loooooong time ago.

My cell takes crappy pics in my garage for some reason...

I tore apart some old hard drives to get the strong magnets out of them.

Put them in a few places... Nice little pockets already where the straps used to be.

Then in a few other places.

Wife sewed them all into place nicely...

And bingo bango free tank bag! Reflective piping as well! Stays on there really strong. Going on a little trip with Tatty this weekend and I needed somewhere to put my phone so I can charge it while riding. Now I can keep some snacks, drinks, my wallet, phone, and anything else I want to get without digging in my hard luggage. Will be carrying a tent, sleeping bags, AIR MATTRESS haha!!! Change of clothes, and some other crap. Going down to the Redwoods for an over night camp trip. My wife cut a pillow in half and re-sewing it back together to make two small travel pillows. Pretty sweet. :)

:thumbup:

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
Link to the magnets please?

Sent from my one and only iPhone 5 using Tapa 2 da talk

Busted them out of old computer hard drives.

lwclancers

I want to see it all loaded up!

JSP

Super Moderator
I want to see it all loaded up!

Will get some tomorrow evening when I get it all loaded with the hard bags and tent strapped on too.

tatty2012

Will get some tomorrow evening when I get it all loaded with the hard bags and tent strapped on too.
You all will get pics of both bikes loaded up. I don't have hard bags or anything, but I did borrow a motorcycle travel bag that straps over the rear seat!!

PS, nice work on the "Tank Bag" and also, don't know what you're talking about, with your old tank bag!!! :innocent:

JSP

Super Moderator
You all will get pics of both bikes loaded up. I don't have hard bags or anything, but I did borrow a motorcycle travel bag that straps over the rear seat!!

PS, nice work on the "Tank Bag" and also, don't know what you're talking about, with your old tank bag!!! :innocent:
Yup! Will have lots of pics and vids! 2 Gopros so we should get some decent stuff. :cool: Leaving tomorrow morning around 5am or so.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
LOL JSP that is ghetto as all hell! but!....BUT... very creative and smart idea....and its facking huge!! :D nice work!...yeah those hard drive magnets are strong as shit!! it doesnt scratch the tank at all?
No more than any other magnetic bag would... Magnets are inside. So as long as the magnets dont pick up any magnetic rocks or anything and I dont drag it across the tank (done it before), should be good. Tank already has some scratches an such in it anyways.. Not too worried about it. ;)

JSP

Super Moderator
Here are some loaded up pics...

Tatty is still at work but he sent me one from there.

I threw a bungee over the back pack just to be safe. REALLY glad I got that heavier Hayabusa spring/shock in. Even still it sags pretty good with all this and my wife on it. Way better than stock though.

Andy has a tank bag as well under his jacket.

Last edited: