Diluted's Photo Thread!

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

6R Blackout

Very nice work man, your photos look very professional!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

AngryAnt

You have a wonderful eye for content. Only criticism I might have is try diving up your picture a little differently. When starting out, the 'rule of thirds' helped me make more interesting pictures, which basically means avoiding putting your subject matter in the center of the frame. For whatever reason, people seem to like it when your focus is 1/3 through the picture in any direction.

Also I assume you're shooting in RAW? If not, it really helps you tweak it in post-processing.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

AngryAnt

They're really quite incredible if this is your first attempt into photography. My only other advice would be don't put your camera down for an extended period of time. I got into it, and then got lazy, and its really hard to pick it back up now. Once you get out of the groove inspiration for good content seems harder and harder to access.

Photo threads like this do make me want to start picking it up again though :)

Not sure what software you use, but try Adobe Lightroom out. I got a legit key from craigslist for $40 (I know how that sounds), and I very much enjoy it. Really makes tweaking lots of pictures very smooth.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member
Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

AngryAnt

Also, consider one of your first accessories as a Intervelometer. Not sure about Nikon, but I know there is a off-brand one for $40 for canon cameras. It makes star trails, stop motion, and time-lapses really easy and fun :)

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

kevin8198

Elite Member
Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

AngryAnt

Oh and most all intervelometers also double as a regular shutter release cable with a manual and locking button on it too. So if you're gonna spend $30 on a shutter release, just makes sense to get the intervelometer.

Intervelometer is what I use to make stuff like this:

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member
Last edited:

Diluted