Day of many firsts and a dumbass moment

Churry

So today was a day of many firsts for me. I've been riding for less than a month and been keeping to surface streets for short (30ish minutes) rides. Today I decided to ride from Lake Forest to Los Angeles.
Man was that an experience! I never imagined how stressful on the forearm and how numb my hand would get after a hour and a half of riding. My hand and forearm is still throbbing a little!

Today was also the first time I tried splitting lanes as there were some strips of the freeway in a deadlock. I think I did fine...went no faster than 20-25 between lanes and it was pretty cool actually.

Ok, so for the dumbass moment. Before hitting the freeway on surface streets, I was stopped at a light. I stalled when the light turned green. In a panic, I started the bike, twisted the throttle and dumped the clutch. Less than a second later, the front wheel comes up and I'm doing a wheelie! I somehow managed to land it after a second or two and kept going on my way. I'm sure I looked like a jackass showing off to the other cars, but I positive the look on my face was one of shock and terror of wtf was going on.

Anyway....a day of many firsts. I learned a lot and hope not to make the same mistakes again.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

FitZ6R

Less than a second later, the front wheel comes up and I'm doing a wheelie! I somehow managed to land it after a second or two and kept going on my way.
Sounds like you need to add some ballast. I don't have that problem since I put on the "fatherhood fifteen." :D

Congrats on the safe landing!