Cop Shoots & Paralyzes Unarmed Motorcyclist for Life at Traffic Stop...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So explain how you know the good guys from the bad guys?

You can't. Hoped this thread was done since it really has no productivity other than to vent animosity, especially toward fellow riders who are employeed within law enforcement. Are we done yet, or should we drag out a new horse?

You can't. Hoped this thread was done since it really has no productivity other than to vent animosity, especially toward fellow riders who are employeed within law enforcement. Are we done yet, or should we drag out a new horse?

I completely agree with you and am totally done with this thread. I was merely asking a sarcastic question to this reopened thread.

So explain how you know the good guys from the bad guys?

If you can't figure out who to treat like a criminal, and who not to treat like a criminal, you shouldn't be a cop.

The lack of discernment on this issue results in cops firing bullets into the back of innocent motorcyclists.

The issue is so much bigger than that, but the spectrum of corruption and incompetence in law enforcement is so vast, it might be relevant to start with basic items like that.

I see your point, but someone else opened this thread initially, and newcomers have opinions as well; you all got to state your piece already (some posted several times), so I don't know why I couldn't make a relevant comment. FYI, posts prior to mine were from just last month on an even that happened two years ago.

This is not a new horse; it's an old horse that refuses to die, and it has nothing to do with internet forums keeping it alive.

The topic's longevity is born of the fact that this kind of behavior didn't stop in May of 2008 when Officer White shot Mr. McKloskey in the back a mere three seconds after emerging from his patrol car.

Just do an internet search of the news TODAY, and you will see that the behavior like this continues and continues.

I don't indict all officers on the basis of one officer's decision to shoot an innocent man, I indict them on their silence, and their failure to hold each other accountable; it is this behavior alone that places the entire law enforcement community under a shadow.

BTW, I worked in public safety at the fire department for nine years; I have seen my share of police abuse and impropriety.

Police have largely lost the philosophy of being a hero and a servant...they are quite unlike modern soldiers. Now-a-days the cops only seem interested in power and control no matter who they exercise it over, and that seems to be the behavior they largely exhibit anymore. They think they are hero's because of their badge. Well, as Tyler Durden said, sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

Hero status is for those who display it in character, not in position.

I recognize there are always exceptions.

Last edited:

This thread has gone off track and is encroaching on violating forum rules.

Locked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back