Coming to America....

ry-mac75

The mirrors actually don't look THAT bad in person. Just sort of an awkward shot

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

creggur

Sweet looking bike and a good pricepoint. My only question would be why the nice inverted forks but no (at least) preload adjustment so you could (at least) set proper front sag?

Seems like an odd place to cut a corner IMHO...

Superfly

I test drove both the FZ8 and the Fazer. Not too bad but without the windshield its quite a bit windier. The seat is on a forward slope that wasnt comfortable for me. A bit more power but not a huge change from the FZ6R. I dont think I'd change from the FZ6R but if you didnt own a bike I could see buying it I suppose. The suspension felt a lot stiffer and of a higher quality build than the FZ6R.

Roaddawg

Anyone know the origin of the term "F Zed" (pronounced eff-zaid) like the guy in the video kept calling it? That was annoying the crap out of me, but its not the first time I've heard someone refer to the FZ line as "F Zed".

Sorry for the partial thread hijack.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

ry-mac75

This was the first thing that popped into my head after reading the thread title..

Oh and the bike's not really my cup of tea.
hahaha - that was sort of on purpose.

bjs045

FZ8 is looking real tempting. I've never been a real big fan of the naked bike....but in the last 6 months I'm really starting to like them.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXeIPGQ-3Bo&feature=sub]YouTube - The 2011 Yamaha FZ8 featuring Bill Dixon[/ame]

nashvillenobody

not my cup of tea either... i bought the fz6r because I liked the plastics giving it a sportier look and knocking some of the wind off me commuting to and from work.