Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MikeN02

For what temperature?

I loved my Frank Thomas XTi Mesh, nothing can penetrate it, wind, water, ice.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Tinkerbellskpr

I have a Tourmaster Intake II that is very versatile. It is mesh but has 2 extra liners-one like a wind breaker and the other a quilted liner, and all layers can be zipped in at the same time. Its great for cold mornings and warm afternoons!

motoneta123

i got the Vega mesh jacket size M this summer and love it, now it's getting colder and i'm trying to decide between Scorpion holeshot and Tourmaster jett II, which you people think will be better between those two?

Roaddawg

I have a Tourmaster Intake II that is very versatile. It is mesh but has 2 extra liners-one like a wind breaker and the other a quilted liner, and all layers can be zipped in at the same time. Its great for cold mornings and warm afternoons!
I got the same one and like its 4 season use as well.

Funkmaxtor

I rode last winter down into the teens as long as the roads were clean and dry. I only had my JR mesh jacket with a rain liner in it. I had to wear a few layers underneath. I probably looked like the Michelin Man going down the road.

Thanks for the tip on the cheap jackets. I'm considering either the Twist of Fate or the Hang Em High. The Hang Em High seems to be about the same as the Twist of Fate but with a pant zipper which I have on my JR pants so that would be nice. It definitely saves you from having air blow up your back.

Thanks again for the tip!

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Funkmaxtor

Oh. Even better. So I guess it is just a style decision. For that price nobody can complain.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Stephenfz6r

When I decided to replace my 30 year old leather jacket, I gave the Nylon jackets a good look. I always wondered if they offered the same crash/skid protection as leather. I read some online comparisons and no one would ever write that nylon is as good as leather in this regard. I looked at all the recent racing pictures and did not see any nylon. So I bought leather based on this conclusion. I did use a North face Nylon jacket for a week in the spring and it did an excellent job cutting the wind and keeping me warm. The Tourmaster Magnum(Made in Pakistan) I wear is a quality product that is well designed and surprised me when you consider the low price of $224. The local shops in my area could not match the quality/price ratio. No doubt that SS at motorcycle Superstore for $49 is a great bargain and is tempting but ultimately it depends on what you consider as more important. It may offer the same protection as leather but there is no way to find out unless some one has put them on a crash test dummy and skidded it down some asphalt and compared the resulting damage.

:Sport:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Stephenfz6r

tracks require full leather suites, that's why you won't see textile. Nascar requires neck braces and helmets, you don't need that to drive around. You're not going to be going 190 on the street, you are on the track. Just some observations:D

Interesting read. I'd like to find what manufacturers were ran in these tests.
Jackets and pants - Motorcycle Council of NSW - Road Safety
That's a good article but as you mention no names mentioned. Here in Canada doing 190 is not that big a deal......KPH. :cool: