Clipped by a cager!!!!!

XTRAWLD

The scrapes you'll recover from quicker than the watermelon swelling that you'll have to overcome. Make sure you don't rest that knee too much, and keep it active, even if it hurts like hell. Climb a flight of stairs twice a day to stay limber. Coulda been worse. Now go get some armour!

Crocop43

Dude, sry to Here I never wear riding pants....jut too freaking hot although I do wear boots gloves helmet and jacket.....yeah road rash sucks but it won't kill ya...speedy recovery man ....plus riding pants look so gaay looks like someone from the village people

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Rookasaki

Hey 2.O , Dang man that looks like it hurts. Sorry brother! Thank God that's all that happened, could have been way worse! Thanks for sharing your story/pic's... I'm guilty of riding in jeans and at times and not wearing my boots (to lazy to put on) I at times wear van type shoes, my God my foot/ankle would have been half way gone.... I get to comfortable at times and over confident with my abilities, "Nah I'm a good rider, I won't need riding boots today" This gave me a wake up call, thank you!

BTW - I think you said you had boots on? If so did they get any road rash? (pic's)
And no one should flamme you for not wearing riding pants, It's your skin, you take the risk! But sad to say your knee lost ;)

Last edited:

Gwai lo 2.0

Sorry to hear that man. Hope you and the bike recover quickly.

Was this downtown?
Yeah kinda man. I was going east bound on Kingston rd near Victoria park.

Gwai lo 2.0

The scrapes you'll recover from quicker than the watermelon swelling that you'll have to overcome. Make sure you don't rest that knee too much, and keep it active, even if it hurts like hell. Climb a flight of stairs twice a day to stay limber. Coulda been worse. Now go get some armour!
Yeah, I'm not worried about the minor rash. It's the impact and twist to the knee and ankle that has me icing the crap out of them. I can barley walk but I'm forcing myself no matter how shitty it feels.

Gwai lo 2.0

Definitely glad you're not hurt any worse than you are. Sounds like a foot or two more and you woulda bought the farm.

I only wear full on riding pants with armor when it's wet and/or cold out. I do wear some Kevlar reinforced jeans for longer trips, but commuting to work or elsewhere around town I just wear jeans. I hope I don't regret this stance, and maybe if I ever suffer road rash I'll change my ways, but until then, it seems like more hassle than it's worth for short trips.
I was on my way to work 16km (10miles) away. You never know when someone is gonna do something stupid.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Gwai lo 2.0

Hey 2.O , Dang man that looks like it hurts. Sorry brother! Thank God that's all that happened, could have been way worse! Thanks for sharing your story/pic's... I'm guilty of riding in jeans and at times and not wearing my boots (to lazy to put on) I at times wear van type shoes, my God my foot/ankle would have been half way gone.... I get to comfortable at times and over confident with my abilities, "Nah I'm a good rider, I won't need riding boots today" This gave me a wake up call, thank you!

BTW - I think you said you had boots on? If so did they get any road rash? (pic's)
And no one should flamme you for not wearing riding pants, It's your skin, you take the risk! But sad to say your knee lost ;)
I'll take some pics of the boots tomorrow evening.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

XTRAWLD

They discourage use of hydrogen peroxide in first-aid these days. Unfortunately, the part that makes it such a wonderful antiseptic also makes it a horrible healing agent. It kills live skin tissue as well as live bacteria, which slows skin growth.
I have never used hydrogen peroxide, but it was commonplace in my hubby's house when he was growing up. I will not go near it. Clean it up, (soap and water will do it, but sometimes you do have to rub a bit more to get gravel out). In place of hydrogen peroxide in my house is Bandaid No Hurt Antiseptic Rinse. (We use it on us and the dogs when they get into trouble, as well as something called Colloidal Silver but it's hard to find in stores, however has natural healing aspects). Put some polysporin on it a few times a day, leave it open to air, try not to disrupt the new skin growth when you wash. Might want to shave your knee so the hairs don't grow into the scab and hurt even more. If you are able, have a soak in the tub with Epsom Salts for 20-30 minutes twice a day for a week, you'll help relieve the ache in your knees.

Been there, done that, hurts like hell, ride on!

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

Detrich

glad you're not too badly hurt. hope u heal up well and get the bike fixed.

hope u get some kevlar riding jeans (or riding pants) + armored shorts + knee/ shin guards + hard shell boots... it's not cheap, but it is worth it.

this is what i wear on the lower body for street, always: (about $300 total)

1. Shift Racing Lodown kevlar-lined riding jeans
2. Knox Multi-sport Armored shorts
3. Knox Cross-knee guards
4. Vega Sport race boots

Gwai lo 2.0

:( apparently there's $4000 in damages to my bike. Haven't heard from the insurance adjuster yet but heard that he said it was border line between repairable and a write off!

Detrich

Dang. Sorry to hear that. Don't worry about the bike too much at this juncture. Just focus on healing up. If they total it, it'll be ok. If not, it'll be ok too. Just wait n see what they come back with...

XTRAWLD

:( apparently there's $4000 in damages to my bike. Haven't heard from the insurance adjuster yet but heard that he said it was border line between repairable and a write off!
:(

That's sad news. How's your knee?

Gwai lo 2.0