Christmas Gifts

Funkmaxtor

Post up all the cool things you got for your ride.

My g/f got me shorty Pazzo levers!

JonKerr

Elite Member

KADO

-Torque wrench
-Gloves
-Seat cowl
-Mirrors

Now I need to buy me some shorty levers!

gearhead

I wanted a Accumen Gear Indicator, but I got an AirHog Razor instead. I think its my wife's way of saying to play with something else besides the bike. :)
It's really a cool toy!

FZ6R-NE

I got about 2 feet of snow and 30 mph winds for close to 36 hours now....havn't been outside the house in over 24 hours. My entire driveway is covered in about 5 feet of snow. But otherwise I got a tonneau cover and a toolbox for my truck and some money from my loaded grandma which ill probably buy a pcv with.

CGENGO

Thanks, Santa!

I got the T-Rex frame sliders and a double bubble windscreen. Need to know if that screen is gonna save me the chilly-chin or if I need something a little different??
But, the frame sliders are a little late.... :spank: as the ol' man backed the truck into the bike and knocked it against the deck support post. Now sports a small rip in the back seat and a star in the fairing. I wish Santa would have brought back up beepers for him!:surrender:
It took me a two hour ride just to get over how pissed off I was.... :scared: but I have to remember that he agreed to the extravagant purchase in the first place. :bow:

zig308

I got to take my bike out for a ride yesterday - around the neighborhood!

Wayyyy too much sand out there to go any farther and it was only 40-50 degrees, but it started right up even after sitting for a couple months with no battery tender.

No bike related gear for Christmas, but I did get some cold gear under armour that might help for cold rides.

FitZ6R

Nice enough weather for a 30 mile ride yesterday and a Garmin GPS from Mrs. FitZ6R. I'm shopping for the Ram Mount now.

cbzdel

nothing bike related but I didn't ask :rolleyes:

-I got a family trip to Levenworth WA for the day (Jan 16th) our family has not done anything together in a long time and I talked them all into going (this is probably the most awesome gift I have gotten in a long time because of that)

-the wife bought me boxers and socks because I kept putting it off, we aggreed on not getting eachother gifts because we bought a Wii with a bunch of games and our dog, but she bought them for me anyways :)

- then some misc clothes and household items from the family, and a little cash as well to help pay off debts :D

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

bjpinub

I got what my bike needed more than anything, several books on riding techniques geared at street sport bike riding to help me. Since it's my first bike, and I've only got a couple months riding, I figured it was more important for me to learn as much as possible during the "not every day" riding season.
I still believe in hands on over nothing but books, but just a little technical background never hurts.
Take for example turning.... using the throttle to turn, braking/accelerating to change the suspension setup mid-turn, and on and on....
Still reading, but I think there's a lot to help. I got three books, not in front of me now, if anyone really wants to know which, I'll grab them and addd them (though I think there's a thread on books already and I grabbed a couple titles from there).
If you don't care, could you provide me with the book titles? I ask because I did complete the MSF course, but am still very new to cycling. My FZ6R is really the first bike I have ever ridden. I bought it new and it only has 2.5 miles on it right now, if that tells you anything. I think it would be beneficial if I could gather more information about riding more safely as well as any advanced motorcycling fundamentals. Thanks.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

xplodnstar

I got the Tour Master Denim Jacket. Fits great, nice & warm, and doesn't make me look like a power ranger if I just going to the movies or something.

Hubby also got me a new MP3 player for the helmet since my old one finally died on me.

Mom-in-law bought me some super warm riding gloves for the super cold morning rides to work.

Unrelated, my dad got me an awesome guitar stand for the Guitar Hero controllers.

JonKerr

Elite Member

cbzdel

I have Total Control: High Performance Street Riding Techniques by Lee Parks

I got this book because it seems to be the best reviewed book, and I found it to be AMAZING! I have learned alot from this book, techniques usable even on my daily commute.

Heineken

Elite Member