can anyone find a FZ6R rear seat cowl?

MrFrzZ

I like the look of an OEM r3 seat cowl, with the necessary fiberglass work to accommodate the space left between the seat and the "overhang" to the cowl, but that's the shape and look I personally like...

Just my two pennies

Edit- vc, what part of SC are you in??

TexanFZ6R

The shape isnt bad, but it needs a tad more height to it IMHO. It makes the tail look flat compared to the rest of the bike.

Gotcha.. I moved to Greer with my wife last year from West Virginia.
Too much height can look worse imo lol. Like a 650r

Muiran

I need to get samples of both cowls to make certain proper fitment. I agree the R3 design is geometricaly more elegant.
shopping.jpg

MrFrzZ

Thats where the lines of the rest of the bike are going to come into play with the fiberglass work. the 650 has a lot of curve to it, where as the fizzer is a little "sharper"

Thats also why i said a "tad" more height... You're absolutely right... if its starts getting too high, itll end up looking like a TL1000R rear end lol

texas09fz6r

Has anyone found any other options besides the GYTR? I just had my GYTR yellow seat cowl cancelled by motosport and I really hate the way the passenger seat looks. Thinking maybe I should just take the rear seat to an upholster and get it shaved down.

Muiran

I need to get samples of both cowls to make certain proper fitment. I agree the R3 design is geometricaly more elegant.
View attachment 39591
I'm assuming everyone has bobbed tails, you know, fender eliminators? Is the style of the most popular eliminators a consideration?

Sorry for the wait but I do have a business to run. Im also going to experiment with some new printing materials I saw previewed by my industry rep. A carbon fibre cowl is dumb but some of the others are technically very attractive. We will see.

PS: Research project for Summer, a stealth radiator for naked conversions. If it works, minds will be blown!

bm3schmi

I have a raven seat cowl for my 09 FZ6R that I do not use. It has a slight scuff on the top from my backpack but can be buffed out if you have the right compound. I just haven't cared to do it since I do not use it.

Message me if you're interested, I am looking for $150 plus shipping costs and I am located in Ontario, Canada.

texas09fz6r

I have a raven seat cowl for my 09 FZ6R that I do not use. It has a slight scuff on the top from my backpack but can be buffed out if you have the right compound. I just haven't cared to do it since I do not use it.

Message me if you're interested, I am looking for $150 plus shipping costs and I am located in Ontario, Canada.
Pm sent jackson

internalwealth

Just got super lucky and scored one off ebay for $72 shipped. I've been searching for a while now and glad I randomly came across it.

mjv21

Do you still have this? I'm in ontario as well and would gladly pay for this.