can anyone find a FZ6R rear seat cowl?

lachiej

hey guys

looking for a rear seat cowl for a 2013 fz6r as i said in the title

been looking for the past few hours and cant find anything, thought id ask the community for some info.

thanks

bm3schmi

What colour are you looking for? I have a raven one for my 09 that is never used that might be up for sale.

Tothoseofus

I did a fair bit of searching about a year ago, and could only find a yellow one on amazon, that would have cost close to $400 shipped to Australia and still need to be painted, so I kind of gave up at that point.

If you find any let us know.

Muiran

If I find sufficient interest I could make high quality reproductions available for $100 + shipping. I'm in the middle of relocating to the US Left Coast in January, so this would have to be an Early Spring project. If anyone here is from Oakland, Ca. get in touch with me.

vcdstroyr

I'm assuming at the $100 they would be unpainted? What kind of material would you be using to make these? I'm mildly interested.

MrFrzZ

Would be interested in this as well as long as they didn't look like the OEM cowl. Maybe more of a "race" look cowl?

Was thinking of starting my own project to mold one that would bolt to the existing grab rail handles and just swap it on track days

Muiran

MakerBot system. I planned to borrow or buy a Yamaha Cowl, digitize and replicated it. Making the connecting points the same as the stock part too.

I'm open to customizing but then the price goes up. If there is something easy to change on the original part everyone despises them cool I can get behind that. No they won't be primered or painted. I suggest occupy your hands watching Netflix to prep the surface, Amazon almost always has somebody selling authentic Plasti Dip cheap.

I just need to make clear, this is a passion project, and can't let myself get too distracted from real work that pays the bills. Crap what happen to the time. Hot to go. Ciao!

Duckphreak

If I find sufficient interest I could make high quality reproductions available for $100 + shipping. I'm in the middle of relocating to the US Left Coast in January, so this would have to be an Early Spring project. If anyone here is from Oakland, Ca. get in touch with me.
I'm local and interested!

Muiran

I'm not too crazy about the stock design either but beggers can't be choosers. Keep us informed.
I was thinking that if there is a cosmetically more attractive cowl, one that fits the bike style and fitment, I can scan that just as easy because we still need a hardware solution to fasten it in place. Unless the connections from the pillion can be salvaged and used.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

vcdstroyr

The stock cowl doesn't come with connections. The connections have to be removed from the stock rear seat and attached to the cowl.

Muiran

The stock cowl doesn't come with connections. The connections have to be removed from the stock rear seat and attached to the cowl.
Thanks for confirming that. I can save time then by creating a file that basically copies the stock seat connection then after I get moved and settled in create the rest of the model.

What feature of the factory cowl does everyone see as the ugliest?

Duckphreak

Thanks for confirming that. I can save time then by creating a file that basically copies the stock seat connection then after I get moved and settled in create the rest of the model.

What feature of the factory cowl does everyone see as the ugliest?

I think it's too wide at the top. I actually kind of like the racy curves on the seat, I considered putting a light coat of hard layer on top and painting it, but it's wayyy too wide to look good as a cowl.

Muiran

I think it's too wide at the top. I actually kind of like the racy curves on the seat, I considered putting a light coat of hard layer on top and painting it, but it's wayyy too wide to look good as a cowl.
I get it. I need to measure base so I know the minimum dimension possible.

Everybody get busy doing some homework to find a reasonable alternative to the shape of the stock part. Something that everyone can live with.